Thursday, August 27

Kadeisms

Kade has really been making me laugh lately. He says some of the funniest things at times, and I am in awe of how smart he is. I just wanted to write down a few quick Kadeisms before I forget!

* Yesterday, Kade spent 15 precious minutes in my lap just talking and imagining things with me. Mary-Kate was taking a nap and he had my attention all to himself. The way he would just smile and dream and make little boy noises was precious! He had an airplane and I asked him who was on it, and where they were going. He told me they were going to "San Anlelo." When I tried to explain he lived in San Angelo, he kept saying, "No I live at home." We'll keep working on it!

* Kaden has a really bad habit of biting the skin around his fingernails. Yesterday he pulled some skin off, started bleeding, and had to have a bandaid. Today at lunch he looked at me and Bryan and said, "I'm starting to die." We were like, "what???" He then said, "my finger is starting to die!" "Oh your finger hurts," I asked him. "Yeah," he said. "It hurts. It's dying." Lol! I have no idea where he learned the word dying in that context.

* After lunch, Bryan was on his way back to work when he gave me a heavy duty kiss on the lips and said "I love you." After that, he looked at me and said, "I love kissing you." Kaden then ran over and gave him a big peck on the cheek with a big smile on his lips. He was so proud!

* Today the kids and I were at Hobby Lobby picking up some things for my business. We were in the fabric section waiting for the lady to cut my fabric when Kade asked if he could stand in the basket to see her better. Since the basket was full of other things, I told him I would hold him so he could see. After I picked him up I noticed he was shifting around a little. He then proceeded to say (very loudly) in front of everyone, "Mommy, you hurt my penis when you hold me like that." I about died! It was pretty funny though. No one acted like they heard him, but I'm pretty sure the whole store did!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

See there's a reason why I'm too prudish to teach Connor the correct terms for his private parts ; )