*UPDATE*
I totally agree with y'all on this one. I have no problems with girls pretending to breastfeed their dolls. I think it is kind of nice that they know there are more options than just giving them a bottle. However, the idea of making some halter top where a girl is able to expose herself really bothers me. I don't like the idea that there are little flowers to cover her nipples. That seems like it takes it a little far! I am obviously an advocate of breastfeeding and would have no problems if MK one day pretended to nurse her babies, but I would want to teach her about privacy and being discreet. I also thought the idea of saying a doll meant for breastfeeding is like having a doll with erectile dysfunction. That is preposterous. Although I think they took it too far, the idea behind a breastfeeding doll is to teach girls about another natural option for feeding a baby. There should be nothing sexual about it. The idea of a man doll with those problems is completely about sex. It's like comparing apples to tacos. Completely stupid!
4 comments:
Hmm wow. It's still pretty early so none of this may make sense! haha. That's the first I've ever heard of it. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it but I don't think I care for it. I think that the idea of it is great, to promote breastfeeding. I just don't think a small child is mature enough to understand that your breast are for feeding a baby. I think that kids think of breast as a sexual body part, not as something that nourishes babies. With that being said, I do remember pretending to breastfeed baby dolls when I was little. I don't agree with the article where it said that it would promote teen pregnancy. If that was the case, then wouldn't just playing with baby dolls period promote it too since it gives children the feeling of being a mother? Very interesting though.
Hmm...I'm mostly with Lara on this one. I do know, however, that if I had a daughter, I wouldn't buy her a "gluttonous baby." So, I guess that means I'm opposed to it. Little girls can pretend all they want to breast feed their baby dolls, but I don't think we need a baby doll that is designed for that sole purpose (i.e. sucking sounds, the haltar top, etc.) That's just kind of creepy, to be honest (the doll, not breast feeding).
I think breastfeeding is great, but the doll is weird.....
what do you think about it janet? :)
Yeah, I'm going with breastfeeding is great but the doll is weird too.
I don't have a girl but I don't think I'd want a doll that brought her focus to all those parts.
Shoot, Connor walked in on me trying to get in the bath the other day and is now quite concerned about my NOT having a "pee-pee". First off, I wish we weren't already at the point he'd notice. AND second I'm so glad I'm such a wuss I didn't teach him the clinical names for all the body parts because that would be so much worse now!
Post a Comment