Wednesday, August 19

Quick Update

I thought I would post a few pics from our week and give a quick update. I have been working really hard this week to get everything ready for my kiosk this weekend. I am super excited about it. The mall's weekend starts on Thursday and goes through Sunday, so I will be there starting tomorrow morning. The hours are normal tomorrow (10am-9pm) but Fri, Sat, and Sun are extended hours for the tax free weekend. So Fri and Sat I will be there from 9am-10pm and Sun from 11am-6pm. If you are out and about this weekend and feel like braving the chaos, stop on by! I am right across from Journey's and WetSeal.

Kade has been so obsessed with playing the piano and singing lately. It is pretty precious...well, when it's not grating on my nerves! Lol! I do have a limit! Here are both kiddos enjoying some singing time with Daddy.

Some days we let Kade play quietly in his room instead of taking a nap. He is semi-outgrowing them. Twice this week I have left him in there to play and when I go to check on him I find this...

He is so tuckered out he goes to sleep on his own! I have no idea why he is always under his pillows!

So, we also had big time drama with Miss Mary-Kate this week. It has become my goal to get this wild woman to 18 without any broken bones are major injuries. I fear that may not happen! Ha! So, not only has she had many bumps and falls this week (since she is always doing the most daring of things) but she also got a real bad slice on her finger. Kade and her were apparently fighting over a toy and he ripped it out of her hand, cutting her finger. I didn't know it was cut at first and picked her up and was trying to calm her down. (She was screaming pretty loudly.) Next thing I know, Bryan says, "Oh my gosh, Janet look." I turn and I see that her hand is covered in blood and it is pouring out all over the both of us. It was so scary at first. We tried to rinse it off but the blood just kept coming. It was too hard to see how deep the slice was because of all the blood. We tried to wrap it with cloth and put pressure on it. Whenever we would peek to see if it had stopped bleeding it would gush more. I had no idea if it would need stitches or not, so I called a nurse friend of mine to ask her a bunch of questions. I didn't want to take an unnecessary trip to the ER if they were just going to laugh at us and give us a bandaid. She said that fingers do tend to bleed a lot and gave us some tips to stop the bleeding. Thankfully they worked and we were able to get everything fixed up! She still has a pretty big flap of skin that is hanging there, but she seems ok. It has been really hard to keep her bandaid on though. She is very persistent!


Lastly, we had some excitement yesterday when we were awakened by machines digging a hole in the street in front of our house. Apparently, the city's pipes were having issues. So, although it was irritating to be awakened by that, and to be without water, the kids enjoyed watching them all day!

It's hard to see, but this guy had a Spiderman hard hat.

Kade has been into construction books lately, so he was beside himself to have a "backhoe" in his front yard!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Wow! How exciting that you're going to have a kiosk. I hope you get a lot of business. :) Your kids are so cute. Sorry MK hurt herself. I've noticed that fingers, toes and mouths bleed the worst! I can't wait to hear about your weekend. :)

Deborah said...

Good luck today!

MK sounds so much like Connor. He is always hurting himself but he shakes it off well unlike Sean who is very dramatic. Connor sliced the skin off his foot on our way to the coast so we had a similar situation trying to keep the bandaids on in the water.

Donna/Ellie said...

Wow on all accounts! Glad MK is okay...I bet Kade was beyond excited to watch the construction! Good luck with your kiosk!!