Monday, April 5

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter weekend. We spent the first part of it in Abilene on a retreat with the college kids. That was a blast! The kids love all of the college kids, and they are all so great to love on our kids too! We left Thursday evening, and returned Saturday afternoon. I will share more about our retreat in a separate post because there are a ton of pics to share.

Sunday morning the kids woke up early and we all got ready for church. They went into the living room and were excited to find their filled Easter baskets. I am so proud of Kade too because he was also excited to tell us about why we celebrate Easter. He is learning so much. After all the excitement at home we headed to church for Sunday School and Worship. Bryan had taught the 4 sessions on the retreat, so he was teaching in the College/Career class to recap and finish out what we learned on the retreat. He is such a good teacher, I always enjoy listening to him do that.


The Loot!

He was so sweet. Said, "Come on sister. Let's go look for our baskets."

Yay for cookies!

Walmart had some really awesome Veggie Tales things this year.

Ready for church.



No idea what her deal was here! Lol!

After church we went to my parent's house for a yummy lunch with all of us, my grandparents, and one of the college students. While waiting for everyone to arrive and for the food to be ready, the kids had an Easter egg hunt. They really enjoyed that. MK was more about eating the candy rather than finding the eggs, but she eventually got into it.

Family






"Wook Mommy!"

He was so excited to find money in his egg. The Easter bunny is a little more generous at Ya Ya and Granddad's house.



Bryan brings out the silliness in me!


Proof that MK actually got close to the cat. She even pet it too.

Gigi and G-Daddy!

4 Generations

Kade took this pic. He is getting good, eh?

Yay for naps! MK kept joining me for a bit.

After a great lunch we spent the afternoon enjoying ourselves. I napped on the couch while Bryan went and played racquetball with the guys. Thankfully, my mom played with the kids so I could get some rest! We had a nice supper of leftovers and pizza and then we put the kids to bed and watched a movie with my parents. I love lazy days spent with family. They are always wonderful! I am thankful for these and many blessings. I will leave you with a sweet video of Kaden. He cracks me up!



Also, because it's fun to compare. Here is EASTER last year.

6 comments:

Kris T said...

Looks like a fun day! I noticed that you have a black and white theme going for Easter the past two years. :) I love your new (I'm assuming it's new) dress!

As For Me and My House said...

and I love the shoes! :)

Cami said...

look at you Hot Momma!!! whoot whoot! ;)

Deborah said...

Oh she has a hat. I love hats. I ALWAYS wore one on Easter in San Angelo--and gloves. I know, weird but then Madonna wore gloves about that time so...

Janet said...

Thanks y'all! It's actually an older dress I have not worn in a long while, but the shoes are new! :) I love hats too Deborah and wore them as a little girl. So fun! I believe I had a few gloves too. So funny how "styles" come and go.

Christine said...

Ah. You have a beautiful family!!! LOVE Kaden's outfit. MK is adorable as always, esp with her hat on. :) I loved that video clip too. What a little preacher.