Wednesday, April 14

More Thinking

I guess I need to address a few things that are going on. First of all, if my blog bothers you so much, there is an easy solution. Don't read it. If just reading my posts gets you all riled up and spurs you on to write hateful and unproductive "anonymous" comments, then this is definitely not the place for you. I know there is a much better use for your time. If you just want to get on so you can gossip with others about what a terrible person I am or Bryan is, then I promise, this is not the best blog for you to be reading. It will only leave you feeling frustrated and empty.

As far as the anonymous part goes, I'm sorry that you are too much of a coward to come out and say who you are. It makes it seem a little shady that you aren't willing to let us know who you are or so we can better understand where you are coming from. When y'all make comments like the ones that were made it makes us wonder if you even know the whole story and you sound a little ignorant. Bryan made it clear that if anyone wants to "talk," he would love to receive your private email discussing things further. It seems funny that people want to attack us on the blog and spout about doing what God thinks is best, but yet they aren't willing to make matters private when Bryan asked.

As far as this comment goes, "Strange blog. How many of Bryan's friends and family is he in contact with now that he married you? Just curious? Maybe you should try practicing some of that unconditional love you have been so graciously given." I stayed silent, but now I will just say a few things. First of all, all of the friends that Bryan talked to BEFORE we even dated or got married, he still talks to. I didn't realize you knew about all of the friends he actually stayed in contact with. And as far as family goes, HE made decisions to take a break from those that were hurting him. Yep, I said HE. I know it's hard to believe that I don't control my husband's every move, but its true. He is actually a strong man that makes his own decisions. The only thing I can get out of that comment is that you are inferring that Bryan is a spineless baby who can't make any decisions for himself...and you wonder why he doesn't want to talk to you...I mean, "his family."

And as far as this comment goes, "Maybe you should look inside of yourself, seems you are a very lonely person. Other than college students do you have any friends. Remember it is not only about you. And know that God knows the truth, and that you should treat eveyone the same. God is watching." You need to be careful, and make sure you tell us who you are actually talking to. I am assuming it is directed at me, but I guess that would make sense since I can't seem to "remember it is not only about me." Either way though, Bryan and I are not lonely by any means. We have a ton of close friends and family that we spend a lot of our time with. Shocking?? And I would like to know why you think college friends can't count as real friends? Why are they so worthless to you? But, yes, we have many friends outside of the college students that we love to hang out with. I guess I need to remind people that although I love to blog about a lot that goes on in our lives, I am merely scratching the surface. There is a ton of stuff in our lives that goes on that never makes it to the pages of our blog. I don't document every time we hang out with friends or have the time to put every last picture on here. I try my best to share with those that truly care, but we have busy lives that we live.

On the same note, our blog is about Me and my family. I guess that makes it seem like everything is about me, as your comment indicated, but I'm not on here to blog about other people and families. That's why it is a PERSONAL, FAMILY blog. Again, one that you have the right to NOT read since it seems to get you so upset anyway. I blog about things that are important to me. That's why it's MY blog.

And finally, Praise God that He does know the truth. What a comfort!!! And yes we have been called to love everybody, if that is what you mean about "treating everyone the same." Love can look like many different things though. Oh, and is it supposed to be a threat that God is watching? I am so thankful that he cares and is apart of our lives. I guess things like that go with the comment Bryan received about how "God won't forgive him." We have been saved by the blood of Christ, and oh how precious his forgiveness is in ALL things. I would check your theology and your heart.

Bryan's offer still stands, and he would appreciate people emailing him if they want to discuss this further. Grow up and stop hiding beyond "Anonymous." Oh, and believe it or not, he has read and approved of this message.


6 comments:

Christine said...

I can't believe anyone can be so negative towards you and Bryan. That just seems so odd to me. You are the sweetest person I know. To the anonymous commentor, I would be very careful about attacking a child of God using His name. Janet- It's YOUR blog and you can write about YOU and only YOURSELF if you want. *gasp*. It's so hard to understand why people feel like they have to create drama constantly. If you don't like a tv show, change the channel. If you don't like or agree with someone's facebook status, don't be friends with them. If you don't like someone's blog, don't read it. Seems like common sense to me. Janet- I think you were very mature in how you handled this situation through this post. You and Bryan continue to do God's will and He'll take care of the rest. Love ya girl!

Carrie said...

Some people have nothing better to do than to criticize and be negative. You can separate yourself from them IRL, but the internet has made it easier to "hate on" someone randomly and annonymously. You know in your heart what's right. Don't ever let anyone make you doubt yourself. I love the quote from Eleanor Roosevelt: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

On the bright side, the internet lets you stay in contact with friends and family that you aren't physically close to easily! I'm so glad you sent me your blog address. :-) One more way to see those beautiful kids and hear about how blessed your life is. :-)

London said...

Wow, I don't know the whole story, but I cannot honestly believe that anyone is picking on you guys! Like Christine said, you're one of the sweetest people I know!

Whoever is bullying you needs to shove it!

Unknown said...

Well said, Janet. You are one of the sweetest people I know, and I know Bryan IS a strong man and quite capable making his own decisions. It's always easier to hide behind anonymity and make accusations, spread lies, and try to blames one's own short comings on others. Ultimately, it shows what a petty and "lonely" person this "Anonymous" is and that they have nothing better to do with their own lives than to hang out on personal blogs and attack people. Interesting that they would try to project their own self-image on you, but we (and God) all know the truth. We all know what a wonderful, giving person you are and we all love the wonderful family you and Bryan have created! Much love!

Fullerton Family said...

Amen, amen, and amen!! Janet, I am not even kidding when I say I could have written this post word for word. I know exactly hard having "family" like this can be. I cannot stand when they think that just because either a) they don't have many people in their lives so everyone else must be the same way or b) they think they are the only other people in others' lives. How self centered. How ignorant.
Another pet peeve is when the use God in their argument against you. Yes, thank goodness God knows all, because He KNOWS how you've tried, He knows your heart.
I don't know why people feel the need to read a blog for any other reason than to just enjoy it! Honestly, I just don't get it.

I love reading your blog, it always makes me smile. (Yes, even these posts- you've handled this so well!) Keep being you, because you are awesome with a sweet, cute little family!

Lisa and Curtis said...

Janet, I'm so sorry this has happened. I had the same thing happen to me a while back(from a family member no less) and had to put my blog to private. It's sad when you can't share your feelings without being judged so harshly by others who really don't know what is going on in your lives.
You know you are a GREAT mom & wife. God knows you are too. And that is all that matters. Hopefully these people will learn it is not their place to judge you and your family.
Be strong, and don't let this bring you down. I love the way you handled it by the way. Open and honestly. That is how I always see you.

take care:) Lisa