Saturday, April 24

Our Day without Daddy

Bryan had to go out of town for a work conference today, so I was determined to make it a day full of fun! First, we went to the nature center where there were tons of cool animals, reptiles, and bugs to look at. The kids loved it! They were free to get in, and it was only $3 for me. Can't beat that!

Checking out the lizards.

Looking at the alligator.

Pausing for their picture obsessed Momma!

It cracks me up how she has a tight grip on Kade. She was a little nervous about some of the animals.

This little guy was so funny!

He made us laugh by the way he was climbing all along the top of the cage.

He was definitely a little acrobat!

No idea what Kade was doing here! He kind of looks like a Spartan cheerleader. Haha!

Standing next to the "reindeer."

Love Ferrets!! Bryan and I used to have 3 of them.

Honey Bees...there were a ton of them in there crawling around!

Checking out the crocodile.

Dinosaur footprint.

A Bobcat...MK was in the pic, but she backed away as the cat came closer to this side of the cage. She is so funny around animals!

Twin Buttes and Lake Nasworthy

Notice MK walking far away from the Mountain Lion. She did NOT like getting close to that!

Yes that is a HUGE snake Kaden is looking at!

They were looking at the white rattlesnake here. When we got close it shook its rattle at us and it totally freaked me out. I know it is in a cage, but I made sure we stayed far away!!

Ok, here is proof that MK was brave and touched the snake. I was shocked. Kaden absolutely refused to even get near it, but MK seemed to conquer her fear of animals for a minute and reached out to touch him.

Not wanting to be left out, Kaden finally reached out a finger to touch him. Lol! The snake definitely made him nervous.

He finally reached his whole hand out and touched him for about 5 seconds. MK really seemed to like the snake. Go figure...

The Bearded Dragon...which leads into what we did next...

After the nature center we ran to the store to grab breakfast for Sunday School tomorrow before heading to the theatre to watch How to Train Your Dragon. It was Mary-Kate's first movie in the big theatre. Kade has only been one other time and he was super excited to go again! They both did great! Of course, we had to get some popcorn and coke as a special treat. I came prepared with some little bowls and sippie cups so that we could share out of a large container. It's much cheaper than getting a separate one for everyone. Kade maneuvered in his chair just right to keep it from closing up on him. Since MK was not big enough to keep her chair down, she sat in my lap. She surprised me and was so good. About halfway through the movie I could tell she was getting super comfortable, and before I knew it she was asleep! She somehow napped through the remainder of the movie, despite the loud roaring and music. Right at the climatic end, Kade told me he needed to go tee tee, so I woke up a confused and grumpy MK to run Kade to the potty and back in time to see the ending. It was a pretty cute movie. Not one that I think we will ever own or anything, but we all enjoyed it none-the-less.

Posing for a picture after the movie.

She was a little upset because as Kade got up, the seat was starting to close up on her.


After the movie, we went to Hastings, via request of Kaden. He loves to go there and play with the Thomas the train table. MK loves to look at all the toys and books around there too. She especially liked the purses that she could swing over her shoulder and walk around with. We ran a few more errands and then came home and had pizza for dinner! It was a special day in so many ways and no one missed Daddy...too much!!!

Look at how long her hair is!! We brush it straight after bath, but...

it always curls as it dries. :)

Ready to read books!

I think it's so sweet how Kade likes to read books to MK.
I am so thankful for my sweet kiddos! They were excellent today, and we had no behavior problems at all. We had so much fun doing things out of the ordinary. I love spending time with them and experiencing all of the funny things they say and do. It was definitely a day to remember! They will be glad to see Daddy when they wake up tomorrow though.

3 comments:

Kris T said...

That does sound like a totally fun day!

Deborah said...

I don't remember all that stuff when I lived there but I was 12 when we moved so maybe I was already too old. I did attend the Rattlesnake Roundup once. I think it was on a DATE!

Looks like y'all had a great day!

Deborah said...

Oops, forgot to mention that if y'all stay there one day both kiddos will be Bobcats. So far I'm a Central Bobcat, Mike is a SWT Bobcat, and Sean is a Stone Oak Elementary Bobcat. We're hoping Connor will carry on!