Sunday, April 11

Sewing Project

I actually got to do some play sewing this weekend. I rarely have time to work on projects not business related. I finished up a bunch of my orders this weekend and was able to have some time late last night.

I started with this:

And ended up with this:

Ok, I know, the sewing is kind of terrible, I accidentally made it too small, and it needs to be hemmed, but it was a lot of fun to just make it up as I went! Haha! I love doing creative things.

I have a whole pile of old shirts of Bryan's to work with and try again. I think I might do a skirt and top set, but we'll see. I tend to change my mind as I go sometimes! Oh, and I need to hem it too.

Here is my sweet boy. He told me he wants to be a doctor when he grows up and help people like his friend Miss Erin. (She is one of the girls in our college group. She is a nurse.)

Today Mary-Kate got to wear one of my old dresses to church. She looked adorable. I'm so glad my Mom saved some of my clothes from when I was little. Here is a picture of me when I was a little girl. (The quality is bad because it was scanned.)

Here is my big girl in the dress!

If this is any indicator of how big MK is, I was 3 or 4 in the picture, and MK is not even 2 yet.

They look so big to me here. Hard to believe they will be 2 and 4 in less than a month!

My rough and tumble girl trying to wrestle with her brother. He wasn't really interested.

2 comments:

As For Me and My House said...

YOu are so creative! I love the shirt-dress...too fun! And how neat to see the little mini-Janet! Love you all---

Christine said...

That is so cool, Janet. You are very creative! Your kids are getting so big. LOVE that MK can wear a dress you wore when you were little. How neat is that? :)