Saturday, June 6

Grass and a Movie!

Another busy weekend around here. We finally got our grass put in the backyard. This has been in the works since we got our tax return back and we finally did it this weekend! It is pretty exciting to walk around barefoot back there. I can't wait for it to really take root and grow up strong. Of course I got some pictures! ;)

Before

Bryan worked really hard to scalp it and till it!

Hard worker!

Our Little helper!

Haha, all of us were still in jammies!

Ready to mow!

The finished product tonight!

She was so unsure of the grass, so she kept on the sidewalk at first.

Ah.....bare feet in the grass. Love it!

Checking it all out.

She finally decided she liked walking around on it!


Today was also an exciting day because it was Kade's first time to ever go see a movie in the "Big Theatre!" He was thrilled when we told him about how he would get to see a movie on a really big TV screen. He was also thrilled that he got to have his very own popcorn and drink! I was a little nervous that he might hate the whole experience (he doesn't like loud noises at all) or be a little scared. He did great though! He sat still the majority of the time and we only had to remind him to whisper twice. He did have to take two bathroom breaks, but I am proud that he spoke up when he needed to go! We saw the movie "UP" and it was great. I would definitely recommend it. It surprised me that it had sad parts though. Just a warning...And yes, I am a dork (not ashamed of it) and took a few pics from his special time today!

So excited...ticket and snack pack in hand!

Big boy giving his ticket.

No worries, I didn't take pics until the end when the credits were rolling.

"Look Daddy, All done."

"I wanna see it again Mommy."

Checking out the view from the top!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Love those purple seats. What theater did you go to--wondering if it is new or renovated from my time there.

Now that you have grass remember you have to water it. Is that St. Augustine? It feels great but takes lots of watering!

Lara said...

Yay for getting new grass! It looks great and I bet it'll look even better once it gets all set! Congrats! I've been wondering about "Up" and wanted to take the girls. Rick said it was a depressing movie so I didn't take them this weekend. lol. Kade looks like such a big boy and so proud to hand the theater worker his ticket!

Micheal and Ashley said...

Great picture Janet! Kade is such a big boy now! How fun. :) And great grass is the best! I love walking in it too!