Monday, June 8

When one thing leads to another...

Ok, so I started writing this blog a over a week ago, and am just now getting around to finishing it...

We were planning on having a nice and relaxing weekend when we got a phone call from my Mom on Saturday. She asked if we would mind helping her pick up a recliner she bought at a garage sale. Of course, we didn't mind at all and the kids always love to get out, so we went a few blocks over to help her out. After we had loaded the chair into our van, I noticed some night stands sitting on the driveway. Well, I have been wanting some matching night stands for years (our bedroom furniture was just miscellaneous stuff gathered over the years) and then I noticed it was a whole bedroom set. Score!! We looked it over and asked a bunch of questions. It turns out it was a King bedroom set. Although it is older with a few scratches, we just couldn't pass it up. We ended up purchasing it. Woo hoo!

Well, new bedroom furniture meant rearranging our bedroom! I love changing things up, so I was super excited. Next thing I knew, I started getting other ideas. If we rearranged our room, we would have to move some of our old furniture out and where would it go?...One thing led to another, and before we knew it, we had a whole new plan mapped out, and it involved rearranging our room, the kid's rooms, and the playroom. We decided to move most of the toys from the playroom back into the kid's rooms and make some office/work space for me instead. I was super excited because I had been wanting some space to call my own. I had ribbon, fabric, and hot glue laying around all over the house. It would be nice to have a place where I could organize my things, and not worry about making a huge mess everywhere else.

It's amazing how cleaning and rearranging furniture can make a room look and feel so different. You don't have to have expensive new things or paint to change it up. The kid's rooms didn't take long and look great. We even put kade's bed up high on the frame. He loves it! After the kid's rooms, we got to work on the playroom. While doing that, I got another "bright" idea to move the recliner into our living room and rearrange the living room. Y'all feeling sorry for Bryan yet? Haha! He is such a trooper though, and actually likes the new look as well. So, to make a long story short, we ended up rearranging every room in the house. I have never done such a major redo project ever, and never had any intention to, but we LOVE it!! I have a few pictures of the new look in our living room and in my "Ploffice" Bryan called it that the other day and it kind of stuck. We are so used to saying playroom and he tried to say office at the same time. Ploffice just kind of came out! Haha!

The living room.

No need for the fireplace during the summer.

My "Ploffice"

Work and storage space.

My mom had the great idea of using my lattice to hang my bows up so they don't get smooshed in storage. It is also a great way for customers to stop by and pick out what they need.

My mom got this desk for me from her office. They were just going to throw it away. It makes a perfect sewing table! I am thrilled to have it!

6 comments:

Kris T said...

I love that you have a space now. Enjoyed seeing your house on Monday, it looks great!

Christine said...

Very nice Janet! You're so good with decorating and organizing. I definitely need a lot of help in that area. :)

Shaunna said...

Everything looks sooo good!! I wish I had a little work area like yours..For scrapbooking and things like that!

Feel like driving to Coleman and organizing my house?? ;]

Chris and Carolee said...

I like your new office space. I need to get Caroline some bows. I have been waiting until she went up a size and started wearing new clothes. I will figure out what colors I need and let you know.

connie said...

You and Bryan amaze me. Your house looks great I am so happy for you that you have a ploffice! That word is great by the way. I wish Kenzie was into wearing bows:( Do you think Thalan would mind? haha.

Lara said...

It looks great Janet!!!