Thursday, June 18

A day for me...

Today has been a fabulous day. I have gotten a lot of time to myself while the kids were at Mother's Day Out. Bryan has been treating me to some special things for my birthday that is coming up this weekend. Last week I got a free makeover at Clinique and bought some new makeup. He also told me to go shopping and buy some new clothes. Early this morning, before the kids were awake, I went and got my hair cut. My Dad was wonderful to come and stay here with them while I was gone. He woke them up and got them breakfast and had some good Granddad time before I was done. He is so great with them and I really appreciated his help! After I dropped the kids off at school I came back home, took a shower (to wash the itchy hair off), got dressed, did my hair, and even put on makeup. It felt good to devote time to myself and it was nice to feel good about the way I looked.

** If there are any men that actually read my blog, you will want to skip to the next paragraph. **
After I was ready to go, I ran to the mall to start my shopping. The other night, I was with my mom and I had noticed some bras that might fit me. I have desperately needed some new bras for a long time now. Since I have been nursing, I pretty much just wear a sports bra and I know that's not good. The problem lies with not being able to find the right size! That's a whole other soap box though that I won't get into that right now. Let's just say that Dillards women's section actually had some sizes that might fit me. After trying on some, I actually found some that will work. I am way excited about this!!!
***

After my first purchase I went to Zales to get my diamond bond signed and my wedding ring cleaned. To keep the warranty on it, they have to check it out and clean it every 6 months. The timing works out perfectly, because June is my birthday month, and December is my anniversary month. I get to have a beautiful, clean ring on my special occasions! I cannot believe that Bryan proposed to me 6 years ago!

After doing a little more shopping (and not finding anything worth buying) I then went to one of my favorite restaurants to eat lunch by myself. I have always wanted to do this and it was sooo nice! I enjoyed my yummy meal and read a good book while doing a little people watching too. It was so nice to take my time and not worry about quieting a screaming baby, or keeping a silly boy from spilling his food on himself. Although part of the fun of eating out is the good conversation and time with family, I thoroughly enjoyed being by myself. If you have never done this, I totally recommend it.

Thanks so much Bryan for giving me something very special for my birthday...the chance to pamper myself. It has felt so good to take care of me for once! I love you!

5 comments:

Fullerton Family said...

Sounds like fun!! You know, I used to feel sorry for people eating by themselves... now I envy them!! (sometimes!)

Shaunna said...

Sounds like a great day...I think I need one of those kind of days SOON :] Glad you enjoyed it!!

Kasey Gonzales said...

you should post a pic of your beautiful self after the haircut & makeup =)

Deborah said...

Wow, I think you just lived my perfect day! In fact I wouldn't mind visiting the same mall you went to either. I'm jealous about your MDO because 1.my church doesn't have a building much less a MDO and 2.the earliest MDO around here starts at 2 and 3.it's so expensive this summer my kids aren't signed up for anything!

Kris T said...

I'm glad you've had some great time for yourself!