Friday, June 12

Hottest city in America!

Apparently we didn't break the record here with our HOT temperature yesterday, but we were the hottest city in America. It reached 107* and it was HOT!! You can read an article about it here. It also seems that we will mostly be in the 100s for the next few days. I'm so glad we have a pool membership this year. It will help us stay cool on these HOT, HOT days!! The best part about living in West Texas is the dry atmosphere that makes these HOT days more bearable though. We rarely have humid heat, thankfully!

We went to the pool this morning and had a good time. Funny enough, our slow moving family was actually up early this morning so we were the first people there. We had a great time splashing and playing...well, Kaden did. Mary-Kate was in a pretty grumpy mood. She had been up most of the night and was very tired. She also doesn't like the cold water very much.

I was very impressed with Kaden today though. He seemed to have no fear of the water as he would go down the slide and jump in the water. He didn't want me to catch him when he came down the slide, and didn't seem to be bothered by going under water at all. I was very surprised that he was so comfortable. He is also doing well treading water in his floaties in the shallow end. We are going to sign him up for swimming lessons soon, and I look forward to how well he will progress! Hopefully I can get some pictures soon!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I look forward to seeing pictures. Sounds like you have a brave little boy there. :) I'm going to be signing my kids up for swim lessons this summer. We don't go swimming very much but it's something good to start early. The aquatic center here offers semi-private lessons for a very reasonable price. One teacher to 2 students. Anyway, I don't envy your heat. :P