Friday night we went to the Show & Shine, where the crowds could meet the racers and look at the boats. They decided to start up a Top Fuel engine, so we made our way towards the lake and away from the boats so it wouldn't hurt the kid's ears. They enjoyed being by the water anyway.
Saturday afternoon we took the kids for a little bit since Granddad gets us VIP bracelets for free! The kids were semi-interested, but the bigger and faster the boats get, the louder they get, and they weren't too excited about that this year. We ended up going before a bunch of the Pro Mod boats went, since they were pretty loud. Bryan and I got to go back later that afternoon to watch the final Top Fuel boats race while my mom watched the kids. I am not way into racing, but there is definitely something pretty exciting about the atmosphere there, and I love watching the TF races.
Staying hydrated!
I forgot to take pictures of the boats, so here is an image of two Top Fuel boats racing, as well as a video clip. Of course, the video does not do it justice!




1 comment:
How fun! I bet it is so exciting seeing those boats whip past you that fast!
BTW, I have been wondering what the heck your dad does. He was on TV not long ago and now he is getting ya'll VIP passes to the boat show. Is he the mayor or something there? LOL.
Post a Comment