The kids were very good at first, but slowly things went downhill. Kade found some books close by and started going through them. Well this made MK very jealous as she was stuck in her stroller. Kade brought some over to share with her, but no matter what he gave her, she only wanted the one he had in his hands. (Of course) So, she had to scream about it to let us all know she was unhappy.
Finally, when we went to check out, there were all of those annoying happy meal type toys at the front to tempt my kids. Kade was having a hard time keeping his hands off, and MK didn't understand why I wouldn't get her a broken and cheap toy to play with. (Oi) To make matters worse, it was taking forever! There was an old couple in front of me, and the man was paying with only coins and the woman was visiting with the other check out clerk. The fact that both of my kids were in whining (MK screaming) mode didn't seem to bother them one bit. Next thing I know the lady asks if the lady behind me wants to check out at her station. Seems like you would want to check out the lady who has a screaming kid so they can get out of there quicker, but not everyone thinks like me I guess.
It was finally our turn and everyone got quiet to watch her ring up our purchase. I was watching her intently too because I was curious how much everything cost. I was not afraid to put something back if it was too much! Much to my pleasure, everything she was ringing up was $1.99. We were almost home-free when the other clerk came up to ask a question. *sigh* MK starts sounding off again so I bend down to comfort her and tell her we are about to leave when the lady starts to give me my total... $2,175.00 ...Holy Moly!!! When the other lady had walked over, she hit some buttons, which had somehow jacked my total up by thousands of dollars. Are you kidding me? So then, much to my horror, she had to pull everything out of the bag and start over. MK was wailing at the top of her voice at this point. She was soo tired and ready for her nap. Nothing would console her! I think everyone was glad to see us go, but probably not as glad as we were to leave. Lol!!
I love how the most mundane of events can always seem like grand adventures by the end. Kids definitely keep things exciting, don't they? Fortunately, we walked away with some good clothes for both of the kids for a fabulous price. I still think I will take Bryan with me next time I go though. Haha!
4 comments:
Oh good grief! Sometimes a deal just isn't worth the hassle. I feel your pain. I was anxious just reading your post.
I have SOOOO been there! It does get better though! When they get a little older, you can threaten to take things away that they care about or bribe them with something and they behave a little better. It doesn't always work but it does get a little bit better! lol. I looked like a child abuser Tuesday afternoon at the Fair Parade because Carlie was throwing a major fit about getting cotton candy and embarrassing the heck out of me and then headbutted my knee. It hurt REALLY bad so my natural reaction was to swat away whatever had just inflicted pain on me, which happened to be her head! I NEVER pop them on the head and she started SCREAMING!!! I truthfully barely popped her but she was already mad so she made a big deal out of it. I'm pretty sure that our kids will continue to embarrass us forever. That's why we make sure to embarrass them plenty in high school! haha!
I had a similar experience at the deli counter at Wal-Mart last week. Addi was screaming her head off (nap time!!) and trying to climb out of the cart...The people in front of us kept adding more and MORE meats and cheeses that they needed slided up. After they FINALLY got their 50 lbs of deli meat sliced, they decided they needed to sample every type of potato salad Wal-Mart has to offer....I wanted to scream! I guess the good news is Addi's very loud crying and arm flailing didn't seem to bother them one bit, because they were in no hurry to leave the deli counter- ha!! Yes, sometimes you just have to laugh! :]
Wow! That wore me out reading all of that. LOL. I never take my kids to any kind of thrift store. Glad you survived! :)
Post a Comment