Wednesday, May 14

Dr. Appt

We had MK's 2 week appt yesterday and she is doing well. She is already over 9lbs and is starting to fill out! I'm so glad because I always worry that my kids won't get enough from nursing. Silly, I know! Anyways, the only problem she had was a clogged tear duct which we were thankful for because we thought she had pinkeye. Dr. Cambre showed us how to massage the passage between the nose and tear duct and fortunately, it cleared up right away! Now we just wait and pray that she doesn't have pylorac stenosis. It's a genetic condition requiring surgery that has been passed down in Bryan's family. Unfortunately, it typically presents itself between 3-6 weeks, so we have to play the waiting game. :o( I try to stay positive but I have to admit I can be a big time worrier. One of the signs of PS is projectile vomiting. We have had a couple of episodes of that, but I hope it is just the typical newborn spit up/vomitting. So anyways, wait we shall...

2 comments:

Donna & Ellie said...

Glad to hear her appt went well. I will wait, pray and hold my breath with you. I'm glad the tear duct unclogged so quickly!
Think of you always and love you LOTS.

Kaycee said...

Aw! I'll be praying for little MK and you. She sounds like she is gaining well..that's great!