Ok, so I needed to go to the bathroom just now, and I normally have no problem leaving Kade while I do this. However, with MK around I have to be careful, because before I know it, he will be doing something to her by the time I get back. I have her in her swing right now, and knew it would NOT be a good idea to leave the two of them alone like that. Even when we are sitting right there, Kade is struggling with the concept of "DO NOT TOUCH!" He likes to push her swing as high as it will go and she will be flopping around. So, as I was debating about what to do, I knew the best option was to bring Kade with me to my room because there is rarely any point in disturbing a sleeping baby. Besides, I would have to lay her on the floor while I went potty and I know she wouldn't like that either! He, of course, didn't want to go with me, so I told him he could have something special. He was cool with that, so as we walked to my room I quickly tried to think of something that would be special enough to keep his interest and make it worth coming with me. As I walked into the room I saw a present my mom had given me. It was one of those towel/robe thingys that you can wear when you get out of the shower. It even had the tissue paper still in the bag! Perfect! So Kade was happy, I was happy, and MK, who was still sleeping peacefully when we got back, was happy! Yay! I had to laugh at myself though. I know things with 2 kids will get easier as we go on, but it's funny to me the things you do as a mommy sometimes!
Friday, May 16
The things you do as a mommy...
Ok, so I needed to go to the bathroom just now, and I normally have no problem leaving Kade while I do this. However, with MK around I have to be careful, because before I know it, he will be doing something to her by the time I get back. I have her in her swing right now, and knew it would NOT be a good idea to leave the two of them alone like that. Even when we are sitting right there, Kade is struggling with the concept of "DO NOT TOUCH!" He likes to push her swing as high as it will go and she will be flopping around. So, as I was debating about what to do, I knew the best option was to bring Kade with me to my room because there is rarely any point in disturbing a sleeping baby. Besides, I would have to lay her on the floor while I went potty and I know she wouldn't like that either! He, of course, didn't want to go with me, so I told him he could have something special. He was cool with that, so as we walked to my room I quickly tried to think of something that would be special enough to keep his interest and make it worth coming with me. As I walked into the room I saw a present my mom had given me. It was one of those towel/robe thingys that you can wear when you get out of the shower. It even had the tissue paper still in the bag! Perfect! So Kade was happy, I was happy, and MK, who was still sleeping peacefully when we got back, was happy! Yay! I had to laugh at myself though. I know things with 2 kids will get easier as we go on, but it's funny to me the things you do as a mommy sometimes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL! Good thinkin'.. looks like he loved it! Hehe :)
Hi Abernathys! I just tried to leave a comment but something happened and I don't see it. Anyways, just ran across your blog via Annette/Ashley and thought I'd say hi and congratulations! Mary-Kate is gorgeous and Kade is getting so big. It's great to see your pics, hope all is well!
The things people don't realize about mommyhood! It made me smile. You're an awesome mommy in so many ways - READ THIS during the moments when you're not so sure! =P Love ya
Post a Comment