Here it is after 2 in the morning and we are going on almost 2 hours of non-stop crying by Mary-Kate. The poor girl seems to be in so much pain and it breaks my heart. The only thing that has quieted her in the past two hours has been when I have nursed her. The problem is that she is still whimpering when nursing and she keeps letting go because it hurts her too much to eat. I don't know if it's just an upset tummy, reflux, both, or neither! All I know is that she is hysterical and if she starts to quiet down, the tiniest burp sends her into a screaming fit again. :( She is so exhausted that she will fall asleep for a minute, but then she burps which makes her wake up and cry some more. I hate to see her in so much pain. I wish there was something I could do for her. I also hope that we can figure out what the deal is. I'm afraid we are in for a long night! Bryan and I have traded her back and forth...nursing, changing diapers, rocking, patting, you name it!
Ah, finally...the poor girl is crashed out! I hope it lasts and that she can get some good sleep. Oy, and now here it is raining and thundering. I hope that doesn't wake her up...uh oh, too late. She has burped/spit up again and is wide awake. I pray that we can all get some rest and that MK's pain will be relieved! It stinks watching your baby hurt so much!
7 comments:
Oh Janet, I am so Sorry. Poor little MK. Is she better today? I hope so. Happy birthday to Bryan! Hope he had a great day!
I am sorry that ya'll had such a rough night. I hope she is feeling better and that tonight is a much better night for everyone. Brent and I had many hard nights with Jace. I know how hard the not knowing how to comfort your baby is and I am praying for you guys.
Nate did the same thing before we got the correct dosing on his reflex meds. It is so hard, because you know they are in pain!
Janet-
So sorry MK had a hard night. I'm sure you already know this, but sometimes rubbing the tummy in circles counterclockwise helps, as does a warm pack on the belly. Hope something works, or better yet that it doesn't happen again. Hang in there.
Janet- I'm so sorry about MK. Emily had horrible reflux that caused her to be very colicky. We did the Gripe Water and she was on Zantac. She outgrew the reflux after a couple of months. You might try the Gripe Water since it's natural and if that doesn't work then she might need to be on meds. HUGS!
Janet I feel for you. Ellie had so many nights like that. You are so much stronger than you may feel - we love you and wish MK the best in finding an answer to her pain :(
Aw i'm so sorry. I hope you get it figured out soon. I know it's stressful on mommy and baby. HUGS!
Post a Comment