Friday, May 23

This Little Piggy...

We have been concerned about Mary-Kate's eating habits as she has not been nursing for long amounts of time and often times she spits or throws up after she eats. A lot of times she would only nurse for 3-5 minutes and that really bothered me because "they" say that newborns need to be nursing at least 10-15 minutes on each side! Kade loved to nurse and he often times nursed 30-35 minutes at a time. We ended up going to the doctor again today to do a weight check and to talk about our concerns. If you read one of my earlier posts she was 9lbs at her 2 week appt. Well, I think we have reason to breathe easy now...our little piggy weighed 1o and a half pounds!! Yup, thats right, our little (well big) girl gained over a pound in about a weeks time again. Wow! The doctor said that she must be a power nurser and she can apparently get all she needs in just a few minutes time. Way different than Kade! As for the throw up and spit up, she might have reflux so we will just keep our eye on that for now. I am so glad that the Lord has blessed me with healthy babies! Even when things look bad or I get worried, he reminds me to trust him. The first pics I am posting are ones that I took tonight. She will be 3 weeks old tomorrow! (She kept closing her eyes because of the bright flash!) The last few are from last week.


I love how much she smiles already. And I especially love that dimple!!





Big Smile!!



Big Feet!




She looks like she is thinking really hard about something here!







He loves his sister so much!

5 comments:

Donna & Ellie said...

I love the new pictures! She is so so cute and her smile melts my heart. That dimple! Amazing! I MISS YOU on the Sparrows. I think of you lots and lots. HUGS!

Maria said...

She is beautiful! All three of my daughters were the same way when nursing. Usually our entire session would be less than 10 minutes, and they were all major chunkers! She looks like she's doing great.

Kaycee said...

AWW!!! I love the pics. You dress her soooo adorabley(is that a word?) and her smiles are precious!

Kris T said...

I'm so glad your fears have been alleviated. Yay for big babies! Evan was a QUICK nurser too. And he didn't consume much. When I pumped, he only drank a few ounces, he never moved away from the little baby bottles. I guess my milk was just super concentrated! Amazing how God created our bodies to provide just what our babies need. Love the pictures.

-Bridget said...

So adorable! Glad to hear she's gaining so well! Both of my girls had reflux and even though they were gaining weight, they were still in a lot of pain. They both took Zantac and Bailey also took Prevacid which cured her power puking problem. They both seemed to be at the height of their problems at about six weeks so keep an eye on things and call the doctor asap if you notice more puking or she seems to be in any pain (arching back, crying during nursing, etc.)