Friday, November 7

Randomness

I just have some random thoughts floating in my head that I want to blog about.

First of all, I can't believe the "Christmas Season" is already upon us. What I mean by the "Christmas Season" is that you see Christmas stuff everywhere. Things to buy for decorations, gifts, cooking, and I have even seen a ton of Christmas commercials decked out with Christmas music and all. It seriously started November 1st. Once Halloween was done, boom....Christmas! Poor Thanksgiving! It gets a little jipped! It's too bad. I love Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite holidays. What is better than family, good food, and Thankful reflection of our blessings? Oh, and you can't forget football! Haha!

Second of all, I was reflecting over my parenting this morning, and trying to decide if I am too strict. Now, I know this isn't a one time thing to think about, but I have been thinking of it lately. I don't want to be one of those parents that doesn't let their kid do anything or have any freedom. In the same token, I don't want to be one of those parents that let's their kid get away with everything and run wild. I think it is something you have to re-evaluate constantly but my vote right now is leaning towards that I need to chill out a little. By the way, I started thinking this when my little monkey was climbing up on the changing table this morning to watch me change MK's diaper. I swear he climbs on any and everything! He loves to see what I am doing, and I used to tell him to get down, but now I have decided that if I am standing there monitoring him, what harm does it do for him to be apart of things?

Speaking of parenting, what in the world do you do when your child is purposely defiant. When you tell them, please don't do that, and they look at you, smile, and then do just that? Oy!!!

Brrrrr! It's stinkin cold! Love it!!!

Lastly, Yaaaaaaaay, it's Friday!!!!!

No comments: