Saturday, November 8

A sweet moment after a hard day!

Today has kind of been a bad day. We went to Abilene because the JSL was having a craft bazaar like I will be in next week and I wanted to do some research. When we got into town to eat lunch, we noticed Kade was acting weird. Well, he proceeded to throw up all over the table, the floor, and himself. Poor guy! It really scared him so he started screaming bloody murder so loud! Everyone was staring at us and I was panicking trying to help him and get him to the bathroom. He was covered in it, so I had to strip him down and wash his clothes out. We then carried him sobbing out of the restaurant in nothing but a diaper. Fortunately there was a Walmart behind us so I went in to buy him some new clothes real quick. As soon as I put his shirt on, the poor guy started throwing up again all over our parking space. It, of course, got on his shirt and splattered on my pants. It was obvious that we weren't going to make it to the show, and I felt terrible that Kade felt so bad. We went ahead and made the treck back home with a sobbing Kade and a nervous Mommy and Daddy. I drove and Bryan held Kade's hand. Any time he would make a weird sound I was ready to pull over. Fortunately he never puked again, but he was absolutely miserable. He cried for much of the trip, and at one point, was only consoled when Bryan crawled back there with him so he could lay his head on his shoulder. When we got home we took his temp and he had a 103 fever. It is so crazy that he is sick again. He really is never sick like this. He went straight to bed when we got home. We got him up around 7 to give him some more fluids, tylenol, and get him to eat some toast, but he wouldn't eat anything. He seemed to feel better though because he even played with his train a little bit. He went back to bed a little bit ago and I just hope he feels much better in the morning.

Mary-Kate is doing fine still. I really hope she doesn't get sick as well. It's hard enough seeing one of your babies hurting and sick. Anyways, she did do something pretty special tonight and I finally got it on video. I just can't believe it! She has been so happy now that she is on the move and it's all progressing so quickly. Here is a video of her pulling up. I am just thankful for such a sweet moment after a really hard day.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

We have the smartest granddaughter ever!! Mary-kate you are so smart

House of Blues said...

Wow, it is so crazy to see her doing that!! What a sweetie! When is her bday again, I was thinking it was may like Cole, but he is NOWHERE NEAR that! She seems like such a big girl, I love seeing these videos of her! Hope Kade feels better soon, poor guy!

Christine said...

Oh! I'm sorry Kade is so sick. I sure hope he gets over it quickly and that nobody else in your househould gets it either. HUGS! MK is so cute! I can't believe how big she's getting.

Donna/Ellie said...

that was pretty much our day yesterday too! Ellie threw up all over the back seat and about 5 more times that night. It's so sad as a mommy when they're so sick. I hope he's feeling better now and that no one else gets it. Mk is just so awesome and I love ALL your new pics!

Kaycee said...

Aw girl i'm so sorry..poor little guy. I hope he gets to feeling better, I know that's scary!

Way to go MK!! Shes SO cute!
Oh and I love your pics too.. I meant to tell you that I had a dream we got ours done the exact same way!

Lara said...

She is so cute! Jacelyn was in my lap watching it with me and she was just giggling the whole time MK was trying to stand up! When it was over she said she "Wanted Another One" meaning she wanted to watch more MK videos! hehe.

I'm so sorry Kade is sick. I hope he feel better soon! Poor guy!

Janet said...

Thanks y'all! He is feeling better this morning, so that is good. I felt kind of sick last night, but am better this morning. Just hope it stays that way and no one else gets sick!

Deborah said...

The photos are amazing! How come I can never see one of your feet though...?

I'm glad Kade is better. Poor him and poor you. I know how hard it is when they're sick. I've never been out of town though, that had to make it worse.

I love MK pulling up but did y'all really tempt her with a Dr. Pepper, LOL!