Although we had a good day, tonight wasn't as great. It seemed to be one meltdown after another, and Kade might have an ear infection. He kept saying his ear hurt and he was sticking his finger in there and crying. He cried himself to sleep as Bryan and I took turns rocking him. Poor guy, it broke my heart to see him in so much pain. I swear we just can't stay well at this house.
Last night was Bryan and my date night. He took me to The Wharf (a seafood restaurant) where he ordered steak, and I ordered Hawaiian chicken. Ha! It was really yummy though! Our church provides a Parent's Night Out once a month which is so wonderful for us! Our kids get to have fun and play hard and we get a special date! We told each other no gift, but Bryan brought me flowers and treated me to a pedicure with my mom that afternoon, and I surprised Bryan with an iphone. Now before you are impressed with me, I have to say that it didn't cost me anything. It was my Mom's phone, and she hated it. Bryan has always wanted one, so she got me to steal Bryan's when we went for our pedi and then we went to the ATT store and had the numbers switched. It cost us nothing! Bryan was so excited and has been playing with his phone ever since. His ipod was stolen when our house was broken into in September, so he is so glad to have something to listen to his music on again. Anyways, one of the coolest things about our date last night was the couple behind us became engaged. I could tell the guy was really nervous, so I had been wondering if it was their first date or something. Ha! Next thing I knew, the waitress was bringing out their dessert, and another waitress was behind her with a plate covered in rose petals, chocolate, and the (huge) ring! She was so surprised and started crying as he got down on his knee. It was super romantic and cute! Another waitress brought out a vase with a dozen roses after that. This guy was pulling out all the tricks! It was a fun thing to witness.
We took a ton of pics this morning so I thought I would share. Hope everyone enjoyed their day! Happy Valentine's Day!
His new CARS socks
Taking steps!
Watching how brother opened his card.
The Monkey becomes a magnet.
A little help from Daddy!
Sweet MK
"I go Mall?"
She played with her money and card for the longest time!
Here ya go Daddy!
Sweet Kisses
We made some I heart Daddy cards using the kid's feet!
Stealing kisses!
Can't resist!
Look at MK's luscious, full lips!
Here is a pic of my toes!
8 comments:
Such adorable kids! I loved all the photos, you have a very cute family!! =)
The cards turned out so cute! Thanks for letting us come over and play. It was fun!
Cute pics...as always! :)
I love the picture of MK standing up! So cute! Your toes are adorable! I hope Kade gets to feeling better! Poor baby! The story about the couple getting engaged was soooo sweet!!! I wish all men thought of things like that! ha! I'm glad ya'll had a good Valentines Day!!!
aww i like your toenails - super cute! that's cool that you got to witness such a sweet proposal...did you like the wharf? i've only been once, but i wasn't that impressed. anyways, all your pictures are cute as always - your hair is getting so long..i'm jealous! ha =)
What a beautiful way to spend valentines day :) I LOVE the I heart daddy cards! What a cute idea! Your family warms my heart, as always :)
Love the toes! I always love your hair in braids like that-- you look so happy and young! The card you gave Brian is a great idea-- maybe I'll use it next heart day! Love ya,
PS.. sorry about the brain fart-- I know Bryan is spelled with a "y", not an "i"...oops!
Post a Comment