Thursday, February 19

Ministries/Charities

I would love to hear from everyone about a cause that you support. It doesn't have to be monetarily, but I am curious about what ministries or charities are out there that I don't know anything about that mean something to you. I would love to hear your heart in the matter! Please share!! Thanks!

2 comments:

Chris and Carolee said...

We volunteered last year with Children’s Miracle Network. We helped them put together one of their fundraisers. I really like their staff and it was fun. We also support the March of Dime and Buckner International. Chris worked for March of Dime and I worked for Buckner and we love both of the organizations. We are both helping with an upcoming fundraiser here with March of Dimes. I am hoping next year to volunteer with Casa when Caroline is inn M.D.O. This is where you work with foster children make sure the needs of the kids are being met and not overlooked. All great organizations.

Maria said...

We support Heifer International and Saint Jude Children's Hospital. H.I. is an organization that gives livestock to women and families, teaches them how to raise and care for them. They then take the products of the livestock (eggs from chickens, milk from cows, honey from bees, etc.) and sell them for profit to allow them to eat, go to school, etc. They also us the products for themselves, so kids have milk and eggs so they can stay nourished. Then, when the livestock reproduces, they pass on the offspring to another family and so on. It is a great program and you can see how the pay it forward concept is really in place there.