Thursday, March 12
Father/Daughter Date
I got to have a Father/Daughter date tonight and it was a lot of fun! My Dad took me to see Godspell at the University. One of the cast members is a member of our college group, but unfortunately she was sick tonight. The performance was great though, and I thoroughly enjoyed the music, dancing, and jokes. I had never seen the show before and didn't know quite what to expect. I love theatre, especially musical theatre and was very caught up in it all. Some of the other college students from our group were there too, and it was fun to sit with them. ASU is one of the only college campuses in the nation that has a modular theatre. That means that the whole theatre can be moved around into different positions. Walls, ceiling, seating, stage...you name it. It always looks different every time I go in there. This time, the stage was built kind of in the shape of a T, with four areas of seating on all sides of it. We ended up on the front row and it is great how close the action is. In one particular part, the cast was sitting on the edge of the stage and I had to move my leg to keep from kicking the girl in front of me. That is how close they were. I loved it! I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who put the kids to bed and allowed me that special time with my Dad tonight. I'm thankful for my Dad who taught me the joy of music and theatre. I'm also thankful for a Dad that loves me and wants to spend time with me. It was a great night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aww, how sweet! Glad y'all had a good time. My MIL and her friend went on Tuesday night and really enjoyed it!
Aw that's so sweet! Glad you had a great time. :)
Daddy/daughter times is the best! I love time with my dad as well, but I don't have as much time as I used to :(
Post a Comment