Wednesday, March 25

I am such a mom...

I love being a Mom, even on the hard days. We have had a lot of those days recently. Last week was one of the hardest weeks of my parenting career and many nights I was in tears and completely overwhelmed. I am not going to go into major detail right now, but Kaden has really been giving Bryan and me a run for our money. We spent a lot of time broken and in prayer for our sweet little boy. By the end of the week though, Kaden had changed back into his old self, and we were left wondering if it was just a temporary thing, or if this is a battle we will have to fight for a while. Yesterday he had another "bad day." The defiance and stubbornness that he was showing was so overwhelming. I feel very strongly that parent's can greatly affect their children, and I am fearful of "screwing my kids up." Perhaps it is silly to worry...but that is one of my downfalls...I really worry about a lot of things. Again, I don't want to get all into it right now...I am just sharing some of my random thoughts to point out how blessed I feel tonight. Today was one of those days that leaves you amazed and hopeful that your kids will actually grow into the sweet, mature, and godly people. Kaden was so well behaved and mannerly. He really is a sweet and loving boy, so it is hard to see him when he is acting up. Oh wow...I just noticed the time, so I need to go to bed, but I just wanted to post some things that only a Mommy can be excited about.

~I am so proud of Kaden for pooping on the potty. Truly, I feel like I am going to burst! Unfortunately, he was with my mom tonight, so I didn't get to experience the moment (hehe)...But, I am telling you that there is nothing like getting a phone call from your excited 2 1/2 year old saying, "Hi Momma!!! I went poo poo.....on the potty!!!!" Haha! Only a mom can feel so much joy about poop!

~I am also so proud of MK! She is meeting one milestone after the other, and it is amazing to watch her grow so fast. She is really starting to walk around the house like crazy now (I need to post some video footage). She also wore her first pigtails today...(And yes I did get pictures, so I will have to download them and post them later).

Ok, well I am worn out and need to sleep. After reading through this post again I think I sound a little disjointed and crazy...That's what I get for posting so late! Oh well...

3 comments:

connie said...

You are a wonderful mom Janet. I feel the same way sometimes, and I agree all we can do is pray that our children become wonderful adults. Yay, for MK walking and for kade going on the potty.
Oh ya good luck with your show!

Christine said...

I have the same worries as you do a lot of the time. When Benjamin was 2 and wasn't being himself, my sister said... just wait till he's 4. It gets worse. So here I am with a 2 year old and a 4 year old. Yeah... can you imagine? You're a great mom and it's very apparent in the pride you show for your kids through your posts. What makes you the BEST mom is that you ARE concerned about what kind of man and woman your kids grow up to be. You want them to be godly. That right there shows what a devoted parent you are.
YAY for the wonderful milestones. Can we get some of the potty vibes this way? :)

Kris T said...

Sorry to hear that things were so tough. I imagine there are many of us that worry about "screwing up our kids". We definitely won't get it 100% perfect, that's where God's grace comes in. I'm thankful for your dedication and desire to be a great mom. You're doing a wonderful job.
And yay for poop in the potty. That is HUGE! I'm happy for you and Kade.
I loved seeing MaryKate at church with her pigtails.