Monday, March 30

Retreat Weekend

Thanks so much for all of you that were praying for us. We had an incredible weekend. It truly was one of the most refreshing and amazing weekends we have ever had. Bryan and I really learned a lot and enjoyed just having free time together to talk with one another. God is really doing some incredible things in our lives and with our marriage, and the uninterrupted time to talk and pray was priceless! I also enjoyed having some free time with the kiddos, but thanks to our wonderful babysitters we had a lot of time alone!! My mom and Erin were incredible and really blessed us with taking care of the kids for us. I am also thankful the kids were pretty good for them!

Here is the breakdown of the weekend:

Friday morning we left San Angelo (boy was it freezing!!) and drove to San Marcos where we met my brother for lunch. I had a business stop to make to drop off bows, and we did a little shopping that afternoon and then drove the rest of the way (20 miles) to T Bar M. My mom had made a lasagna for us (spoiled much??) for dinner . We ate and then left the kiddos for our first session that night. The sessions were incredible! We spent time in worship and then enjoyed the speaker Steve Leavitt. We were laughing our heads off and yet being challenged at the same time. God spoke volumes to us!

Saturday morning we had time to meet together just the two of us for an hour and a half and talk about some things that we really needed to talk about. We sat on the big open sports field in a swing in the sunshine. I loved being able to talk without kids hanging on me, or being interrupted every 30 seconds. We really got to open up with one another and be honest about things we have been working on. After that we had FUAGNEM!! That is a T Bar M word that stands for FIRED UP AND GOING NUTS EVERY MINUTE!!!!!! (Yes that is shouted) It basically is just a break time where you get to do fun and crazy things while competing with the group. Bryan had to try and be the first to get a frozen shirt on. It was hilarious to see the guys trying to get them on...They also did this thing where they hung a donut from a broom and these two couples competed against each other to be the first to eat the donut off the string. Hilarious! Anyways, after that we had another session about parenting and boy I am excited to look up some of the resources that were discussed!

We had lunch after that, and spent some time playing with the kids on one of the playgrounds. We took them back to the condo for their nap time and then had some free time that afternoon on the ropes course! I had really been looking forward to that and was excited that Bryan was actually going to try things for the first time ever! Can I just say Holy Cow though?!? I guess I have become a little bit of a baby with my "old age"...ha! I was way more scared on the Screamer swing than I have ever been in my life. I was cracking up that I was so unsure of myself, when I have been off that thing countless times like it was no big deal! Oh, and I have some videos to post of Bryan and I doing the screamer, but will post those later. I was so proud of Bryan though! He did the screamer, the great vine, and the zip line. He did great and didn't even seem scared! I did those things and also climbed the rock wall. I am sooo sore from the wall! I am not as in shape as I was when I worked at camp...Ha!

We rested and hung out later that afternoon, and then got cleaned up for our Date Night! It was so much fun! We went to the Cheesecake Factory in San Antonio and to North Star Mall. Can I just say Yumm!! I think I gained about 5 lbs this weekend! Late that night we got back together with some of the other couples and played games. The later it got, the funnier things got. We were cracking up and having the best time!

Sunday morning we had one final session and it was great! The openness and vulnerability of the other couples there added to everything so much. We ended the weekend with some flying squirrel in the gym...(see pics). After eating a great lunch at Clear Springs we spent some time shopping at the Outlet Malls in San Marcos (Woo hoo!) and then headed home that evening. The kiddos crashed in the back, and Bryan and I had a lot of time to really talk about things some more and commit to work on things that need to change!

I love Bryan so much and am amazed that God would give me such a great man to love me when I don't deserve it. I am thankful for the things we are learning and I look forward to the years ahead! If anyone is interested in more of the specifics we learned, feel free to email me and I will share with you! Thanks again for all your prayers! God has been so good to us!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: T Bar M Retreat
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Christine said...

Looks like y'all had a great time. I'm so glad that you came away from the retreat with things that will make a difference. God is so good.
Your kids are absolutely adorable. I love MK's little legs in those plaid shorts. :) Kaden is a mini Bryan and MK is a mini you. SO CUTE!!!

Chelsea said...

Sounds like y'all had a blast! :) I can't wait to see the videos! Glad you made it home safe.