Saturday, April 4

80's Party

Thursday night, we were awakened with Mary-Kate throwing up. The poor thing proceeded to throw up off and on for the rest of the night and early Friday morning. Thankfully, by 8:30am she was done throwing up and the only sign that something was wrong was that she wouldn't eat much, and she wanted to just lay in my arms and sleep. We have no idea if it was something she ate, or a little bug that she had, because she has been fine since then and she never ran any fever.
We were supposed to have an 80's Party with our Sunday School class Friday night, but since MK would not be allowed to be left in the nursery, we didn't think we could make it. Thankfully, my parents could watch her so we quickly got dressed up and took MK to their house, and Kade to the church. The party was a lot of fun. It was great to see everyone dressed up in their 80's gear and to eat good food. We even played some 80's trivia games, including a name that tune/TV show...I was terrible at that!
MK is doing much better this morning, and thankfully, no one else has been sick with puking. We are all dealing with our allergies though, and sound like a bunch of smokers! Haha! Kade woke up in the middle of the night with that barking cough again. Everyone slept in until 9:30am this morning though, and is very cheerful after eating some blueberry muffins! Here are some pics from last night!





Playing Atari

Back at my parent's house after the party!




Doesn't look sick at all does she?

Totally cracking up! They love knocking the block towers over!





5 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm sorry darlin but I was much coller in the 80's! So sorry MK was sick. I know how that goes with the nighttime illness and then fine the next morning. Mommy usually isn't fine though! I have you're homemade item from FB I just need to get it to the post office. I should get it there by Monday so be on the lookout.

Deborah said...

Except that I can't spell can I. I guess I was mesmerized but the guy in the pink Izod with his collar up--although that would be misspelled too. Maybe it's lack of sleep or the naked child trying to push me out of this chair while I type. I'll have to post some 80's photos of me and you can decide if I was cooler (or coller whatever that means!)

Donna/Ellie said...

I'm so glad MK is doing ok! Hopefully it's nothing that will be shared by the family. :) GREAT pics as always. Love those cutie pies always and WOO HOO to the hot 80's couple!

Lara said...

Look at MK's face in pic #11 and then your face in pic #14. Identical! I love the idea of the 80's party! So cute! I'm glad MK is feeling better!

Janet said...

Deborah~ I have no doubts that you were probably waaaaaaaay cooler in your time! I dressed more like my 7 year old self! Ha! Oh, and I totally read coller as cooler, so no worries! Cracking up about the naked child comment!