Here are a couple of "before" pics.

Ok, although that was exciting for me...That is not the truly exciting news of the day. Today is a momentous occasion in the life of Mary-Kate. She got her ears pierced for her birthday! I have been going around and around in my mind since before she was even born about when we would want to do this. I have heard all the pros and cons for doing it when they are young, or letting them choose to do it when they are older. After discussing this topic at length with Bryan, we finally decided that her first birthday was when we wanted to do it....So today was the day! We had an appointment at Merle Norman Studios and it was a great experience! Mary-Kate did fabulous and only cried for a minute when they held her head still and right after the piercing. After a little loving from Daddy she was smiling big and good to go! It's great because she hasn't touched them or pulled on them at all, and she isn't even fussy. It was funny, because I was soooo nervous when we were going to get them done. Turns out there was no reason to worry! Here are a few pics!
"Before"
Looking serious while they drew the dots on her ear.
They hadn't pierced her ears yet here. She was just mad that they were all holding her down. They did them at the same time which was great!
Her one minute of crying. (Bryan was blowing in her face because she was holding her breath for a second.)
Enjoying the cookie Daddy let her have.
MK loved the lady who pierced her ears. She was so nice to us. This was literally minutes after the piercing. MK did so great!
First earrings.



3 comments:
hey jan, your hair looks really really good! (but you didn't look bad in the "before" pictures either!) and mary-kate is soo pretty - the little earrings looks adorable on her. glad she took it so good!
Your hair looks great! Oh my goodness, y'all are so brave. I didn't get my ears peirced until I was 12! (Guess my parents didn't want to deal with the screaming baby part)
Your new "do" looks great!
Thanks for the info on the ear piercing...We might have to set up an appointment for Addi SOON! Hopefully she'll take is as well as MK did...I'm not going to count on it though- I have a feeling Addi will take it pretty hard...AKA, scream bloody murder;]
Post a Comment