Sunday, April 26

Abilene Trip

Ok, I am able to blog about our fun weekend now! Friday night we had a college fellowship at the church. We took the kids up there to run around for a bit and they had a blast! The college kids were running around in the dark playing a game similar to capture the flag in the dark, while hiding from some people trying to capture them and take them to jail. It was great fun and the kids enjoyed playing in the well lit fellowship hall waiting for people to be captured and sent to jail.

MK would try and chase Kaden and just when she would catch up, he would turn around and run the other way again!

He looks like such a big boy!

Where's Kaden?

There he is!


Saturday morning we woke up bright and early and picked up Ya Ya and Granddad and drove to abilene for a fun day at the zoo and shopping. It was really windy and overcast, but it made the temperature perfect! The kids really had a great time looking at all of the animals and walking around. Mary-Kate was cracking us up because she was a little unsure of all the animals, and would cling to whoever was holding her. Sometimes she would point and smile though and it was very cute! After we walked through the zoo we had a picnic lunch and then Kade played at the park they had their on the grounds.

After we had enough fun outdoors, we headed to do some shopping. Woo hoo! We went to the mall and one of my favorite stores, Kohl's. I could not believe the kids were being so great, especially since MK slept for a few minutes in the stroller, and Kade never got a nap. We finished the day eating yummy Mexican food at Abuleo's before heading home.


One of the best parts of the day was enjoying time together as a family, and thinking about how Bryan and I were able to take our kids to the zoo we went to as kids, and that my parents were able to take their grandkids to the zoo they took us to as kids. I'm always so thankful for times together like these!


Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Abilene Zoo
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

4 comments:

Lara said...

So cute! The zoo is always a big hit with kids! I'm glad ya'll had a great weekend!

Shaunna said...

Kohl's and Abuelos- Two of my favs!!:] What a fun day!

Kaycee said...

Ohhh..that looks like a ton of fun! Your kiddos always look so happy, i love it, always brings a smile to my face :)

Micheal and Ashley said...

Fun! Fun! I love the scrapbook slideshow. I wish I had time to actually sit down and scrapbook again. That is neat that you can get on the computer and do it, I am sure it is much faster! Can you print that out? If so, I may be interested! :)