Wednesday, April 1

Random Updates...

There seems to be so much going on lately and we have been very busy. It's been great! The kids are growing up so fast, and are both reaching pretty big milestones! MK will be 11 months on Friday and it is crazy to me that their birthdays are just a month away. Here are some random updates of the kids...

*Mary-Kate*

*MK is walking pretty well now. She can stand up all by herself, and has learned that walking can get her where she wants to be, much faster than crawling. It's amazing how they go from taking a few steps, to walking a little bit, to walking around everywhere. She really is the cutest when she walks. She sticks her belly out and puts her little hands up.

*MK wore her first pigtails out in public last week! Her hair is getting so long. I look forward to the day that I can really start fixing it...although, she probably won't want me to! Ha!

*We went to the shoe store this week, because her shoes were fitting tight again, and the poor thing had jumped about a size and half. Sheesh! This girl is in a 5 1/2 now. I hate how fast baby feet can grow. It makes me feel bad that I was cramming her feet in too small of shoes!

*MK is a HUGE meat eater! She loves hot dogs, chicken, taco meat, beans (ok, that's not really meat), and so much more. She ate two whole hot dogs at dinner last night. Crazy! Kade was never a good eater like that, so it is weird to have a child that will eat whatever you put on her tray. She still loves green beans more than any other vegetable (Kade's least favorite) and likes all vegetables more than fruit. She is like Kade's opposite when it comes to eating.

*Oh yeah, I forgot that MK can drink out of a straw now. I offered her a sip of my drink, thinking she wouldn't be able to get any, and low and behold...she drank it right up! She is also a fan of lemonade! Lol!

*I weighed her on the scale today and she was 22 lbs. She is such a cute little chunk! I love her belly and thighs! I'm looking forward to turning her carseat around on her birthday and wonder if she will like the different point of view.

Here are her pigtail pics.



*Kade*

*Kade is pretty much potty trained now which is shocking to me. (He still wears a pull up for nap and night time though.) I felt like we were so behind, but he was just ready to do it. I knew that he would do it when he was ready! We have only had a few accidents, but he even stays dry at school and church which is a huge step for him! He even stayed dry on our trip this past weekend. I was so proud of him. I know that a lot of people say they regress when you are in unfamiliar surroundings...especially since it was all still new to him. He even poops on the potty! I am so very proud of him!

*Here is a funny Kadeism from the other day... Kade told Bryan that he wanted him to take him on the Potty train. Bryan was like, "What's the potty train?" Kade said, "You know...the potty train! I want to go!" I then figured out that he has heard us say that he is potty training, and he was excited thinking he was going to go on a "Potty Train!" Haha!

*I can't even describe how smart Kade is and how much he remembers. Everywhere we go, he tells us where we are, what he sees, and what has happened there before. If we pass a restaurant he has eaten at, he tells us who has eaten there, and what he has eaten. If we pass a store, he tells us what store it is and some of the things he likes to buy there. It is incredible how much he remembers. Even up to over a year ago!

*Kaden is the best helper. He constantly is offering to help me during the day even without me having to ask him. He is a great folder. He is so cute how he will shake out the item and then fold it up nice and neat. He usually has to fold something about 4 times and it totally cracks me up! I appreciate his attitude and hope this part of his character will stay with him always. Bryan is a big helper, and has a servant's heart, and I can see Kade being just like him!

Hanging out with cousins at Gigi's house. Kaden, Mary-Kate, Jersey (2), Kenadie (10 Months)


4 comments:

Kaycee said...

Wow Janet, they are getting so big! It's so crazy to watch kids grow up right in front of your eyes.
I love the pic of the 4 cousins..so cute!!

Ashley said...

They are growing too fast! Yay for potty training!!!

Shaunna said...

Size 5 1/2 shoes?!?! W-O-W!!! Addi STILL wears a size 1-2!! Sounds like MK is going to be really tall if her feet are an indicator of her height!!

Love the little piggies;] Pigtails are too fun!

As For Me and My House said...

Wow! so much going on in your life! I am so excited that you and B got to go to the retreat and that it was such a great experience! It looks like it was so much fun-- which is just what I feel like our marriages need more of-- fun together-- we tend to get so serious about life. Makes me want to run out and play hide and seek or something! :)

I have found too that I am such a big scaredy cat now. The first time R and I went skiing after I found out I was pg with Sarah (but just barely) I spent more time in the lodge drinking hot chocolate than I did on the slopes-- it was such a bummer for poor R but I was so scared all of a sudden! I don't think I could even do what I saw you doing on the ropes course and I used to be such a dare devil-- even cliff diving as a teenager-- not anymore, no way!

Your children are both so beautiful and getting so big! I love seeing MK's smile-- so contagious!

I love you so much! You are such a loving wife and mother. Keep up the good work! And I know there are hard times with Kade but I am so proud of you both for dealing with him with diligence and persistence (and prayer) instead of letting him continue on with his undesirable behavior. Dealing with is well truly is the harder thing to do. So, good job. I am glad you can rejoice in the good moments! :)

Love ya!