Wednesday, April 29

Kadeisms

Just wanted to write down some of the things Kade has been saying lately, so I don't forget! He is always making us laugh, and brings such joy to this family. It is really sweet too, because lately when he has been at school, you can tell that Mary-Kate is looking for him, and wants to play with him. She gets so excited when she sees him!

* Kade: Granddad's on a plane.
Me: That's right. Granddad is on a plane. Actually, he is probably in Washington D.C. now.
Kade: Oh yeah. He's at the poor house.
Me: The poor house?
Kade: Yeah, Granddad's at the poor house.
Me: Ohhhh. You mean the White House?
Kade: Yeah, the White House.

* While Playing in the playroom...
Kade: Mommy, I'm having fun! This is fun! Mary-Kate and I are having fun! We have fun!

* Out of the blue one day, Kade said this...
Kade: Jesus takes my sins away.
Me: That's right Kade. Do you remember what sin is?
Kade: Yeah. Jesus took it away.
Me: That's right Kade, He did. Remember, sin is all the bad things we do. Like when we don't obey Mommy and Daddy...
Kade: Yeah. Jesus took my cross away.
Me: Yes, Jesus died on the cross to take away our sins.
Kade: I don't want to see him.
Me: You don't want to see him?
Kade: I don't want to see him die.
Me: Aw, baby, you don't have to see him die. He did it a long time ago.
Kade: Yeah, I don't want to see Jesus.
Me: Are you afraid of Jesus?
Kade: I just don't want to see him.
Me: Ok, baby, you don't have to see him.
Kade: (Pointing and exclaiming) THERE HE IS!!!
Me: (Turning to look, a little freaked out) Where?
Kade: On the refrigerator!
Me: (Noticing the picture he had brought home from Sunday School) Oh, I see. Well, Kade that is not really Jesus. That is a picture of Jesus. One that somebody drew. He can't really see you.
Kade: Ok.

* The response when Kade has gotten into trouble a few times.
Bryan and Me: Kade, why did you do [this]?
Kade: I had to!

* Kade: Why can't I have ice cream for breakfast?

* The other night we were eating dinner at my parent's house. He said this without any prompting or anything.
Kade: Thank you for making supper Ya Ya. It's good!
(I was so proud of his manners!!)

*We told Kade he is having a birthday party this weekend, so this is a common phrase lately.
Kade: I'm ready for my birthday party.

*Bryan and I were having a discussion about how we get to turn Mary-Kate's car seat around on her birthday. Kade then proceeded to tell us that he gets to turn his car seat around on his birthday.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Such a sweetie!! And the poop story....OH MY GOSH!!! I bet you were dying!

Donna/Ellie said...

LOVE those...made me smile so big! Love that handsome boy :)

As For Me and My House said...

I love hearing the things your smart boy says! Have a great weekend celebrating the kids' birthdays. I wish I could be there! I LOVED talking on the phone with you last nite (even if it wasn't near long enough). I will definantly call you when we come to S.A. I love you!