Thursday, April 16

Understanding the Cross

This is Bryan and I don't blog very often, but I wanted to share my experience today. I went home this morning to get Kaden and take him to Mom's Day Out at the church. As we were backing out our driveway he starts telling me something I can't understand. After having him repeat it a few times, I finally realize he is saying cross. So I asked him where he sees crosses and he tells me at church. When we pull up to the church Kade says, "see daddy, the cross". I said, "yes Kade that is a cross." As we are about to pull into a parking spot I hear his cute voice say something that made be stop in amazement..."Jesus take our cross away." I was just shocked that this little boy who is almost 3 understands just a little bit of what Jesus did. I said, "yes kaden, that's right, Jesus took our sin away on the cross." With Easter being this past week, he has heard Sunday School teachers and Wednesday night workers tell him the story of Jesus death on the cross and we have been reading stories to him from his children's Message Bible. Last week, we read the story of Jesus and the cross, so he has been hearing the message a lot, but it is just so great to see him express his knowledge.

Sometimes you wonder if they are really getting what you tell them. It seems like so often when I am reading to Kaden that he is off in his own little world, but it doesn't take long to see that he is a sponge picking up on everything around him. I am thankful for a church that tells my child about Jesus and what He did for us. And I am overwhelmed by the love that God poured by sending "Jesus to take our cross away"! We deserved to be hung on the cross for our sin, but Jesus took our place! What a wonderful Savior we have!

No comments: