Friday, April 24

HodgePodge

Here are some random thoughts, stories, and pictures...It has been awhile since I have updated so I figured I would throw it all together in one post!

* Apparently MK is just as fascinated with the potty as Kade is. I have caught her with her hand in it twice! The first time Kade was going potty and I checked on MK (who was playing in Kade's room) and ran to get something from my room real fast...well I am running back just in time to hear Kade say, "No No Mary-Kate!" Yep...the water was swirling around and there was MK with her whole arm in it! YUCK! I have major germ issues so I had to scrub her down! The 2nd time I was changing and she walked into the bathroom. I followed behind her thinking she would stop to play with her exersaucer that was set up so I could take my shower...Nope, she walked straight over to the toilet and I grabbed her just as she dipped her hand in. OY!!

* I can't believe my little Kaden boy is going to be 3 in 12 days!!! Bryan and I were talking last night and remembering back to when he was born. It has been the most wonderful thing to see him grow and develop. It amazes me that he is his own little person! He is also such a good big brother. I never could have known he would love Mary-Kate as much as he does. He is her friend and playmate, and I hope their relationship continues to develop in wonderful ways. If I had to describe Kade in 3 words, I would call him Funny, Smart, and a Helper! I say funny because he is constantly cracking us up. He can make us laugh until we cry, or even worse...laugh when he is supposed to be getting in trouble!! Smart, because not only does he impress me with all the things he knows at such a young age, but because he learns things so quickly. And lastly, he is a helper because he longs to serve everyone, just like his daddy! If there is a problem that needs fixing, he is on the job! If you have dishes to wash, laundry to fold (his favorite), or vacuuming to do, he is ready to help without you even having to ask. My heart is full of joy when I think of my little boy!
Kade in the hospital (2006)

* Speaking of birthdays...I can't believe my baby girl will be one in 9 days!!! I feel as though I was just feeling her move and tumble inside my body. When they placed her in my arms for the first time I was in love! She has been full of one surprise after the other since she was born. Starting off with all that black hair and those cute chubby thighs all the way to her dynamic personality today. You can tell she thinks she is a little princess and entitled to whatever she wants. (I forsee trouble with that! Ha!) Mary-Kate has been a fast developer and has done just about everything faster than her brother did, including getting teeth, crawling, and walking. She has surprised us with being a great eater (unlike brother) and especially likes meat and fruit. I have very much enjoyed all of the girly clothes and bows that Mary-Kate has brought into our lives, and I look forward to what having a girl toddler will bring to our household. I can't express the joy that MK is to us!
Mary-Kate in the hospital (2008)

* Kade is drawing smiley faces now, and cute little smiley faces with legs and arms. I love to watch his imagination at work. I will try and get a picture of this soon. He also has started writing some letters. Just the other day he said, "m". I was like what? So I looked and he had written the letter 'M'. I was so impressed, but then thought it was a fluke. "Do it again," I said. Sure enough he wrote the letter 'M', and said "M, Mommy." He proceeded to draw a bunch more, then he said, "T." I look closer and sure enough, he had drawn the letter 'T'. I asked if he could draw the letter 'O'. He certainly could. After that I told him to draw some more letters but he had had enough for one day. I will have to try again another day.

* Mary-Kate has started dancing and it is so precious! She bounces her little booty around and wiggles and laughs. She and Kade both have fun turning the music up on the radio in the playroom and dancing all around the floor. I love this milestone! I can't wait to teach my children more about dance as they get older!

* I am hard at work on my show coming up in May. There is so much to do, but it has all been fun. I had a photo shoot last weekend with some of my little models, and we had a blast. Thanks so much to y'all who came and let your daughters participate. I appreciate y'all so much. I will do a separate post with pics for that later. I am revamping my website, changing prices, adding products, and so much more! Hopefully it will all be ready in 2 weeks. You can check out the progress on my website, and please feel free to add my button to your blog or website. For those that were asking how you do that, Just copy the html code underneath the button, go to your layout, click on the add element, add html code, copy, paste, and save!

*Finally, I have another embarrassing story for everyone today. I went to the grocery store to help my Dad out by getting snacks for our college fellowship tonight. The kids actually were very good and I was so excited to reach the checkout lane with no issues. The lady was almost done scanning my groceries when all of a sudden I got this sick feeling. I looked into the diaper bag, and my sick feeling was confirmed....I had forgotten my wallet!!!!!!!!!! Ugh! I was horrified to have to inform the lady of my news, and even more horrified when she had to call the manager over. Tears burned at my eyes as I grabbed MK and Kade and scurried out of HEB with people staring at me and Kade loudly asking why we didn't have the groceries anymore. I drove to Bryan's office and picked him up for lunch and drove back to HEB so he could go in and pay for them. I never actually cried but I sure felt discouraged for a bit. It has been a stressful week, and as I sat in the car waiting on Bryan I decided to have a good attitude about it. Next time I will just have to be more careful!

*Here are a few pics from this week.

MK loves Kade's powerwheels

Can I have a ride?

My little conductor!

MK looking cute in pigtails!

Notice the bruise on her left cheek? She fell and banged it on a toy on Saturday! She must have hit it pretty hard, because it has been a big dark bruise all week. Now it just looks like she has a mole or a birthmark.

4 comments:

Micheal and Ashley said...

I can't believe MK will be one either! It seems like we were just pregnant! She isn't a baby anymore, she's a big girl! I love the pictures of her with pigtails. Precious!

Lara said...

Awww so cute! I can't believe their birthdays are so soon! Kade is such a smarty pants with his letters and MK is ADORABLE in her piggies!!!

Chelsea said...

That is alot of updates! Your kids get cuter by the day! :) I used to get out of trouble by making my mom laugh :) Works like a charm!

As For Me and My House said...

I love these pictures of MK. She really looks so grown up in them! I have done the exact same thing in HEB-- loaded up with a basket FULL of groceries and three kids in tow and ....no money--ahhh....it is an awful feeling but surely we aren't the only two in the world who have had this happen... the thing that really stinks is the juice is all melted and runny and the ice cream is slush and the milk feels like it just came out of the cow by the time you get back with the moolah!

I miss you sister! I love you! A