Today we celebrated Mary-Kate and Kaden's birthdays with a backyard carnival. Due to the rain we had this week which made our backyard muddy, it was technically a driveway carnival! The kids woke up in a good mood and we got to work finishing up the last minute details. The cloudy weather was threatening, but I trusted the weatherman that it was not supposed to rain until this evening...I shouldn't have believed him. About an hour into the party, the warm and muggy weather turned into breezy and drizzly. The temperature ended up dropping 12 degrees from the beginning of the party. We scurried to get everything inside before it really rained. Fortunately, the weather didn't ruin anything! The kids still had a great time and we continued the festivities inside and waited it out. I was a little bummed that the rain kept us from using the jump castle as much as we wanted to, but the kids still had a lot of time on it before and after. I love birthday's and it was such a special day for the kids. Kaden's excitement, and Mary-Kate's awe were priceless! I love being surrounded by family and friends, and just enjoying time together. As usual, I have a ton of pics to share! (Believe me, I am limiting them!)
The Beautiful Cake! I was so impressed with Halfmann's! It was soo yummy too! Half Chocolate, half Butter with cream cheese icing!

I made my own cupcakes to look like little tubs of popcorn. It was a lot of fun!

The birthday girl!

The games before the rain.

The jump castle was a big hit! Kaden was in love!

The birthday boy!

Future trouble makers!

MK enjoying the jump castle.

Not sure what to think of everyone singing to her!

Mmm...first cupcake!

She liked it.

Kaden's turn!

Blowing out the candle like a champ!

The birthday kid's feasting on their cupcakes!

She totally sneaked a rip into her birthday gift when nobody was looking.

She was caught red-handed though!

Excited about Thomas stuff!

Mary-Kate's first purse.

The BIG kids having a turn...

4 Generations

Daddy and the birthday princess.

Family pic.

Uncle Jeff and Kade

Playing with Ya Ya and Granddad

Precious Steve and Debbie

Steve and Debbie and the big kids!

Crashed out after a long day!

5 comments:
Those popcorn cupcakes are amazing! How did you do that?!
Happy birthday to your kiddos!!
What fun! We had a great time!
Looks like a SUPER fun party- The carnival theme was too cute!
Aww! They look like they had a blast. What a neat theme. I'm in love with your cupcake. How did you do that??
You are looking fantastic btw!!
Thanks for the compliments y'all! The cupcakes were super easy!! I just baked normal cupcakes and iced them with creamy white icing. The "popcorn" is actually marshmallows. I cut them and smushed them up and put them on top. I had some yellow cupcake spray dye to look like the butter and clear sugar crystals to look like salt. I swear it was super easy and super fun. You can use them for a carnival or circus theme, or even a movie night or Hollywood theme.
Post a Comment