My pregnancy with Mary-Kate was not the easiest. I was sick a big part of the 9 months. Although it is worth it to have a precious baby, it is still hard to feel like that for so long. After 27 hours of labor, I was blessed to naturally give birth (no drugs) to Mary-Kate at 6:23am. We were all shocked to see that MK weighed 8 lbs, 14 oz and had a full head of black hair. (Kade was a baldy for the longest time.) She also had beautiful dark skin and rosy cheeks. I felt great after I had her and I even got to go watch her get her first bath! It is still surreal to remember back a year ago to when MK entered our lives. You can read her birth story here if you are interested.
Getting to hold a clean MK for the first time.
Mary-Kate is so many things to us. She has such a big personality and is full of spirit! From day one I would describe her as a little firecracker! She is filled with passion (like her mother) and wants what she wants, when she wants it... (guess that's like her mother too! hehe). She has the biggest smile and the cutest little dimple that can melt your heart. She has been fast paced in everything, reaching milestones sooner than her brother did, and blowing us away with how quickly she moves on. Having a girl has been so much fun and a big change from having a little boy! It has been crazy shopping for frilly dresses and putting on matching hair bows! I am very much a girl girl, and I look forward to (hopefully) sharing some of these things with Mary-Kate as she grows. She is already a big fan of shopping, shoes, and bows. Although I hope to have fun sharing these things with MK, I look forward to seeing the girl, and woman she will become. I pray that God will draw her close to him and that she will shine with Christ's love and will exude this love to others in everything she does. I pray that she will be kind, generous, and have an inward beauty that shines brighter than anything else.
1 Month
2 Months
11 Months

I know that time will continue to fly, and my now toddler will become a big girl and then a young lady one day. I know that I will have to juggle embracing each new stage while missing old ones (well some of them!)... I praise God for blessing me with something I don't deserve. Our house will always be filled with joy when Mary-Kate is around. I wish I could explain how wonderful she is in a simple post, but words can never do her justice. I love you Mary-Kate and you will always be my special girl. Happy Birthday!!
Facing forward!
Mmmm...She approved!






8 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MK!!! Janet, I know you're one proud mommy..... why wouldn't you be. You have some cutie pie kids there. It's so hard to believe that MK is 1 already. It seems like just yesterday you were announcing you were pregnant. :) You're a great mommy and I look forward to seeing the journey to 2 through your blog.
Okay, so I definitley shed some tears while reading this post! What sweet words for your precious little girl! Happy 1 Year Mary-Kate!
super sweet! Sorry we couldn't make it to the party :( It looked super fun! Really, your kiddos are just too precious and sweet!
Happy Birthday Mary-Kate!!! It's been wonderful watching you grow. Janet, what beautiful things you wrote and j just love looking back at the pics of her birth until now. She is SUCH a doll.
She is such a doll! I can't believe she is one already!
Happy First Birthday Mary Kate! Wow, I can't believe that she is already 1! It seems like you were just announcing you were pregnant! She is such a beautiful little girl and will be a wonderful woman, just like her mommy!
Happy Birthday MK! Janet- you and brian are great parents, and the party looked liked it was a blast.
The kiddos are to cute for words!.
Oh my gosh Janet, I cannotbelieve she is a year old!! How crazy. Her birth picture seems like it was just yesterday! That is SO crazy!!!
She is absoloutley gorgeous. Her 11month picture is precious. I love it! And her bday dress SUPER cute! You're such a great mommy. It shows all through your pics and posts.
Post a Comment