My precious little boy is 3 today! 3!!! Wow, that sounds so impossible! What a joyous and fun 3 years this has been! After 2 heartbreaking miscarriages, the birth of Kade was the most miraculous thing in my life! I could never understand how amazing it was to have and love my own child until it happened to me. When Bryan placed Kaden in my arms for the first time I was in awe and amazed at the beautiful, tiny boy I was holding. He was precious and he had stolen my heart! I had no idea just how much that love could keep multiplying over the weeks and years to come! This post is dedicated to my precious Birthday Boy!!
Kaden was born on May 6th, 2006 at 6:23pm. He was 7lbs, 11 oz and 21" long. It was a long and hard labor and I was exhausted, but it was all worthwhile! I arrived at the hospital very far along in the labor process, but when I got my epidural everything stopped! I waited for hours to progress further and ended up pushing for almost 4 hours too. (This is why I wanted a more natural delivery with MK.) Even though some things didn't go as planned, it was still a wonderful experience! Kade was beautiful despite being in the birth canal for such a long time and having to be pulled out with forceps. I loved holding him and couldn't stop staring at him. I couldn't believe it was possible that the little baby moving around in my tummy was staring me back in the face. He was so quiet and observant as if he was taking everything in! He also was a good boy and only pooped for the nurses! Lol! We actually got home from the hospital without having to change a diaper!
Getting to hold a clean Kaden for the first time.
Kaden is wonderful in so many ways! I say it over and over again on my blog, but he brings a joy to this family that is irreplaceable. We call Kaden our funny man. He is all smiles, all the time, and is constantly trying to make us laugh. He doesn't have to try hard as we can't help but crack up at all of the funny things he says, does, and sings. He makes up songs for us and sings them while dancing around. He tells jokes, and has the funniest mannerisms. The worst is trying not to laugh at him when he should be getting in trouble! Another thing that I say often is that he is a big helper. It's true though! This boy has a heart that longs to serve and I pray it continues into the future. He is quick to help whether you ask for it or not! That is a very special trait to me, and one that is just like his Daddy! I love tickling, chasing, and giggling with my precious boy! The days are full of energy and noise. He is all boy and I hope to allow him the freedom to be just that! As this year is beginning and his 2's are behind him, I look forward to his spiritual growth as well as his physical and emotional growth. He is beginning to ask questions and learn things that make me so proud! I pray that God will draw him to his heart and he will be a fierce Man of God. I pray for wisdom and understanding as he grows and hope to see him have a strong relationship with the Lord.
1 Month

15 Months
(Surprising my parents with the announcement that we were preggo with MK)
27 Months
Kaden, I can't begin to express my love for you. Even if I had all day to tell you, it couldn't come close! You are forever my sweet firstborn and I look forward to watching you grow up. I praise God for blessing me with you! Joy is forever in our house with you around. I miss the baby that you were, but look with excitement to the boy and the man you are becoming. Never forget how much you mean to me. Happy Birthday sweet boy!!!
Yummy Birthday Lunch. We had sub sandwiches, chips, and grapes.
Opening presents.












6 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADEN! I know you are one proud mama Janet! Your kids are adorable! I hope your funny man had a fabulous birthday. They sure grow up fast.
Happy Birthday to Kade and MK!! Hope they had great birthdays!
I can't believe how much he looks like MK in his one year picture. Happy Birthday Kaden!
Hey Jan, I really enjoyed these last two posts..I love reading about the first times you got to see your babies....I can't even imagine what that moment must feel like! (Although I CAN imagine what the birth part might feel like..yikes!). And it was so fun looking at all their pictures month by month..they've changed SO much! they both had the chubby cheeks when they were babies hehe - both ADORABLE though. you and bryan are great parents and I look forward to seeing Mary Kate & Kaden growing up!
Happy Birthday Kaden! It's been so fun watching you grow up. You've always been so adorable and seeming to have the BEST personality. :) Hope you have a great 3rd year!
Happy Birthday Kaden! Are they really three already. He has always been so cute I love all the pics.
Post a Comment