After two miscarriages and two full term pregnancies I have not been happy with what I have let my body become. I have lost a considerable amount of weight since having MK, but I am not where I would like to be. I am frustrated with the changes in my body yet too tired to do anything about it sometimes. I know that having young children and being a nursing mom can present obstacles, but I don't want to make excuses anymore. I really get down on myself at times and I don't want my kids to learn to hate their bodies from my example. I desperately want to teach them to have a healthy lifestyle and to be happy with who they are.
So anyways, I think I could ramble on and on...oh yes, now I remember where I was going...When I set my mind on a goal I do better to accomplish it...So, instead of whining about how fat I am or how out of shape I am, I am here to say that I want to set my mind on becoming more healthy. Anyone care to join me??? I once was apart of a group of wonderful online ladies that set weekly goals for ourselves and I was wondering if anyone out there in the blogging world might be interested in this too? You don't have to do anything personal, like share your weight or your sob story (although you can feel very free to), it would be more of a group to reach goals with. In this group, we would set a weekly mileage that everyone could contribute to. Depending on the number of people in the group we would set a number of miles and everyone would log in every day or every so many days with how many miles they were adding. At the end of the week we would see if we reached our group goal. You could run, walk, bike, swim, dance, you name it! As long as you were out moving, you could count it! I remember using a pedometer to track my miles when I walked.
If there is actually some interest in doing this from anyone, I was thinking that I could start a separate blog that we could keep track of our progress on. If not I would just do a weekly post here or something. I haven't worked out the logistics yet, and didn't know if anyone else would care to do it. Whatever the venue, it could be a place to post encouragement to one another, healthy recipes, work out tips, miles, you name it! I was also mulling over the idea of setting a big goal of running a 5K or 10K or something...Again, I am still brainstorming ideas. If you are interested in doing something like this, please leave a comment and we can discuss where we would like to take it! Thanks!
Oh yeah, and I am not planning on starting this until after the holiday weekend! :o) Haha!
2 comments:
I'd be up for that. I have lost the weight I want but I am still really out of shape and have been very inconsistent with working out on my own. I think I need support and accountability so count me in.
Hey, I know I am terrible about going to Circle of Moms on FB (can you say I've been twice since you invited me, sorry) but I am intent on losing 15-20 pounds before summer ends. Can I do the blog even if I continue to be lousy at Circle of Moms?
I'm doing 2 classes at them gym (when I get there) and I'm thinking of trying to take up running--I hate it. My friend is doing the Rock and Roll half marathan in Nov. I don't think I could do that but it does have me thinking about TRYING to run at least!
Post a Comment