Tuesday, May 26

Vacation Part II

We truly had an incredible vacation. Everyone was so flexible and fun and the kids were great all weekend too. Bryan and I both didn't want to come home! It is bittersweet when you come home from a vacation because it is nice to get back into a routine, but we miss all the fun things we got to do everyday. Plus no work! :o)

Let's see, I left off on Saturday afternoon. That evening we just spent more time hanging out while it rained on and off and then went and ate some of the best food ever at a place called Doc's. Yumm!! Later, we put the kids to bed and hung out playing games and talking with everyone. My brother arrived from San Marcos late that night.

Sunday we spent the morning out on the Lake in a boat. It was so much fun. Kade enjoyed it and was content to sit and watch everything. He was especially excited about passing by the light house. MK on the other hand was not content to sit. She was all over the place and in everyone's lap. She also preferred it when we would speed along and bump over the waves. She would start crying if we stopped. Lol! It is so funny how different my kids are. Our afternoon was filled with more time eating, hanging out, playing games, napping, and of course eating again! (I told you it was a good vacation!) Steve and Debbie surprised Bryan with a special birthday cake after dinner that night! He will be the Big 30 on Thursday!

We hung out as late as we could Sunday night, knowing our trip was drawing to a close. Monday morning Bryan took Kade for one last swim while MK and I started packing up our stuff. We ate lunch together with everyone one last time before hitting the road! The drive was beautiful as the wild flowers were everywhere. Of course, no trip is complete without pulling over on the side of the road to let your preschooler pee (twice). I told Bryan that when MK learns to potty train, we will need to take the portable potty since it won't be as convenient for her to go on the side of the road! Ha! Anyways, here is the rest of our trip in pictures. Again, it is an overload...and I'm not even posting all of them! :o)

Eating at Doc's

Family pic out on the balcony

Such great playmates! (Enjoying the hotel.)

Kaden loves his Uncle Jeff. Just checking things out together.

I was totally cracking up. She was just staring at me like this for the longest time so I took a picture. I really wish I could know what she was thinking.

Precious Pic!

Uncle Jeff and MK

Blown back on the back of the boat!

Up at the front!

I love this boy!

Best Friends

The boys!

MK getting into what really matters!

Looking cool in shades!

Cutie MK sporting her shades.

Did I mention she is a daredevil?

She really wanted to touch the water.

She had so much fun when we went fast! She is fearless.

Everybody out of the water! I'm driving! :o)

She crashed for like 5 minutes before we docked.

Trying to get a good pic of the two of them.

As good as it gets!

Swimming again.

Preferring to play outside of the water.

Surprise Bryan!

Happy Birthday Hon!

Ready to dig in!

My Boys!

I want more cake daddy!

Enjoying the hot tub!

Having tea with Debbie.

Play time before bed.

We're trapped!

Goodbye hugs!

More hugs!

Steve and Debbie~
We are so thankful for you guys and love y'all so much! Thanks for making this a special trip! The kiddos miss y'all so much already. Kade kept asking where y'all were on our way home. We look forward to seeing y'all again soon and planning our next big trip! We all send BIG HUGS!

1 comment:

Shaunna said...

Looks like lots of fun!! I need a vacation soon! :]

Glad you guys had a good trip!