Thursday, May 28

Happy Birthday Bryan!

Today is Bryan's birthday and he is officially 30 years old! I let it slip *wink* to his coworkers that it was his birthday today, so they had a cake and a card ready for him. He helps take care of birthdays for everyone else so I was glad that they were excited to celebrate him on his special day. He deserves it!

Tonight we had a small little birthday party for him with family and a few close friends. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs at my parent's house and had cake and ice cream. The temperature was perfect as a little thunderstorm blew through. The smell of barbeque, rain, and fresh cut watermelon was wonderful. It truly felt like summer had arrived!


There was a beautiful rainbow in the middle of the rainstorm.

Bryan's Cake.
"A Man may have flaws, but a true hero perseveres."

Gifts and Cards

Yumm!

Lighting the candles.

Blowing them out!

Laura "Lola" and Kade

Singing Happy Birthday

Time for cake!

Bryan had a lot of really funny and special cards. The kids gave him a card that they were able to record their voices on. Kaden said, "Happy Birthday Daddy! I Love you!" while MK was laughing in the background.

The kids are pros at opening gifts since this is the 4th birthday in the family this month!

Wait a minute...What is this?? Guitar picks??

Look behind you Bryan.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!

Bryan's first guitar! He has always wanted to learn to play but stopped himself for one reason or another. He is so excited now to learn how to play.

Still in shock!

We love you Bryan and are excited that you have something special that is yours alone. We know that you can do anything you set your mind to. You will learn how to play and we will enjoy listening to you!
....................................................................................................

Bryan, I love you so much! I am so proud of you and the Man that you are. You blow me away with your strength and boldness. I can't believe how much you love me and am thankful for all the special things you do for me. You are the best father I have ever seen, and I love that our kids scream in joy and run to you with arms wide open when you come home from work. To hear Kaden say, "Daddy" and MK say, "Dada" melts my heart. I see the love you have for our children when you crawl around on your knees giving horsie rides, and as you gather them in your arms when they are crying after getting a boo boo. You truly are their hero, and the way they look at you for guidance, leadership, and protection is incredible. You have always had the most incredible servant's heart that I have ever seen and God has blessed you with a great ability to teach. I'm thankful for your wisdom and for the knowledge you share with me. I know things are hard at times, but you are truly amazing at what you are overcoming! I want you to know that I am here for you and am proud to be your "helpmate." I look forward to the years to come and pray God blesses you and our family in tremendous ways! You are all I have ever wanted and all I will ever need in a husband. I LOVE YOU! Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Kris T said...

Happy 30th Birthday Bryan! I'm so happy we get to call you our friend. Thank you for your friendship. I hope your birthday was fabulous!

Chelsea said...

Yay! for getting a guitar. I wish mine didn't have so much dust on it! :) Congrats on the 30 year mark!

Kasey Gonzales said...

hey jan, that's crazy that bryan got a guitar - adrian just bought one a couple weeks ago! a guy we work with is trying to teach us both to play. guess bryan and adrian will have to have a jam session next time we're in town. and tell bryan happy late birthday!!!