Friday, May 7

Attack of the creepy...

Roly Polies?!?!?!?!

Yep, how disgusting is that? Last night I finished up my blog about Kaden's birthday and headed to check on the kids before going to bed. Bryan had already gone to sleep for the night, so it was just me. As I rounded the corner and walked towards the kids bedroom, I noticed there was something on the tile floor in the entryway. In fact, there were a lot of somethings! As I got closer, I noticed they were moving. It was a ton of Roly Polies!!!!!!

It was so gross and I couldn't understand where they had all come from!!! They were covering the entry way, heading into my office, the kid's bathroom, and even into their bedrooms. Where were they all coming from? I opened the front door and I seriously almost puked y'all. There were hundreds if not a thousand Roly Polies covering the porch, sidewalk, and even all around the bottom of the house. They were everywhere! It felt like a moment from a horror film. Even though I'm not afraid of Roly Polies the sight of a ton of them coming at you is enough to make you shudder.

I began to sweep and sweep and sweep. I would pile a ton in the dust pan and then go throw them out in the street. It is after 2am mind you, so I was exhausted, but I knew that I would not sleep if I knew there were more bugs coming in. After I emptied the house of the Roly Polies, I began to sweep the porch and the sidewalk. As soon as I would get a section done, they were crawling back up. I knew that I was going to have to do more than sweep. So....I began to rig the porch area with duct tape. I doubled it up and put it across the length of the doorways, I put wads in the corners and crevices, and even put some next to the wall where they were coming from. I was hoping that if they crawled over it, they would get stuck and would not be able to move anymore.

After that, I shut our storm door tight and began to seal it shut with duct tape. I made sure that every crack around it was covered in tape. After that, I shut our front door and sealed it up with tape. Again, no crack was left untaped. After I was done taping, I put a towel on the floor and taped that down. I was very serious about keeping those nasty things out. When I was pretty sure there was nothing else I could do, I said a little prayer and went to bed. It was after 2:30am when I finally laid down. Surprisingly, I didn't dream about Roly Polies, but I did dream I was at camp and bugs were coming into the cabin to get us. Haha!

When I woke up this morning, I went to check the front door and my contraption had held tight. I was so thankful. Funny enough, we have had an appointment for over a week with the bug man to come today. I don't think I can handle another night like last night! He said that he would take care of the problem for us, phew!! It's nice to know that my duct tape did the trick like I was hoping. A ton of them were stuck to it this afternoon when we checked it out. Bryan got these pictures for me. Isn't it gross?

My sealed door when you removed the towel.

One of my sticky wads near the ground where they were coming up.

Stuck on the tape I put in front of the door.

You can see some of them stuck to the underneath part of the tape too.

So gross, huh?

2 comments:

Kris T said...

Yeah, I'm not afraid of roly poly's either, but I'm pretty sure that would freak me out. That's wild!

Donna/Ellie said...

Omg I would freak. I've never seen more than one roly poly at a time. Please oh please let the bug man take care of it all!