
My Dearest Mary-Kate,
2 Years?? Can it really be? I remember exactly what I was doing 2 years ago at this time, and I remember exactly when you came into the world. What a joy! Our baby girl had arrived. So big, beautiful, and healthy, with rosy red cheeks and soft dark hair. I knew that I would love you, but was awed at the intensity of love I felt for you immediately! The way you smelled, the way you snuggled, the way you cried, it drew me in and I knew that I would never be the same again. And oh that dimple...the instant I saw it I was thrilled! I knew that there would be many giggles and smiles ahead where your dimple would light up our world.
Your first few months were filled with a lot of rest and down time. You were an easy baby and liked your sleep. You were content to sleep in your bassinet, but you very much preferred the close contact of someone holding you. You didn't mind your brother one bit, and I watched as he swelled with big brother pride, and knew that y'all would be good playmates one day. I never could have dreamed of the amazing relationship that y'all now possess two years later. Best buds describes y'all perfectly. I love the way you look at Kade and the way you want to be just like him. I laugh as you tell him stories and play by his side, and I secretly smile inside when you shake your little finger at him and tell him, "No, no!" if he is doing something you don't like.
As soon as you started cruising, I knew that we had a dare devil on our hands. You have put my heart in my throat on many occasions, and life is never dull with you. You bring a sense of adventure to our lives that is priceless. What would we do without you MK? We can never be bored with you around. You act so much older than you are, and try to be a big kid. I think this is why you have achieved so much in your short life. You keep trying until you get it right, OK? I love your perseverance in all things. Sweet daughter, take that far in life. Never give up on doing what is right and good!
This past year you have learned so much. You now speak in whole sentences! We are amazed at your sweet little voice and all the things you can say. I think you understand just how funny you are with all of your speeches and mannerisms. You can get out of trouble sometimes with your quick wit and just plain adorableness. You love to dance, gallop, and jump. You definitely have an opinion about everything and you are learning all about your own independence right now. A common phrase for you recently is, "Me do it" or "Me help." You love to show us that you can do it yourself. I often times sit back and let you try things yourself, but MK, always know that I will be here to help you if you need it. I pray that these characteristics will help you mature into a person that won't follow the crowd, but one that will be a leader. Mary-Kate, I pray for your salvation. God loves you more than I ever could. He longs for a relationship with you. May you grow in wisdom daily. May you make wise choices as you are a teenager and a woman. I look forward to the journey!
I'm so thankful that you are still my little snuggle bug. You have always given the best hugs too! You squeeze our necks so tight and plant big, wet, kisses on our lips. Your fierce passion reminds me of myself and I know that we will face some emotional days ahead, but we can get through anything. Your Daddy adores you just as much as I do and will always be there for you too. He has promised to protect you and you can look to him for guidance.
Dear, sweet, darling Mary-Kate. I love you...Did you hear me? I LOVE YOU!! You are sunshine in my life. You bring me joy! I hope that you have a very happy 2nd birthday! Enjoy all of the festivities, and cake. Never forget how much you mean to me and your family, and how much you always will. I love you!
~Mommy
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Mary-Kate!!
Post a Comment