Bryan sat both the kids down to explain how much money they had, how much they should give to God at church, and how much would be good to save.
If you look really closely you can see the little Target gift card coins that come for kids now-a-days. Way cool!
Ya Ya had actually given Kade a wallet this week, and he has been obsessed! He loves it and takes it everywhere. It seems like the perfect time to start talking about money with him. After the kids had set aside their tithe and savings, we got ready to go to Target!

We headed towards the toys, but not before being distracted by the dollar spot. It was so funny, because when walking by the clothes, MK paused and touched a dress and said, "Oh cuuuute!" Haha! She is definitely a shopper!
The kids mostly looked on different aisles but sometimes they would come together, excited to show each other what they had found!
Mary-Kate on the other hand...well, let's just say she liked to shop.
But she finally decided on a swimming pool. She has been asking for one every time we pass the little kiddie pools at Walmart and HEB.
Kade paid for his purchase first he was so excited to get some change back to put back in his wallet.
Play time with a toy you bought is sweet!
It was a really fun experience letting our kids shop for what they wanted. It was hard not to step in at times though when they were wanting something that they were shy just a few dollars. However, that is part of learning and we wouldn't let them get anything that they couldn't afford, even including the tax. I am also excited that MK chose a pool that can keep us cool on those hot summer afternoons! :)







2 comments:
How fun! That is a wonderful thing to teach them! I used to love getting my allowance every week when I was a kid...$1 makes you feel rich when you're little!
Adorable pics of your kiddos Janet!
Sarah Carman
We don't do allowance yet but the girls usually get $$ and gift cards at birthdays and Christmas. I love taking them shopping and letting them pick out their own stuff to pay for all on their own. I remember saving $8 one time when I was little and I thought I was SO rich and so did my sisters. They were the ones that would spend all of their money and I was the one that would save mine for something big. lol.
Post a Comment