I love my house in the morning when the kids are still asleep and everything is quiet. It's not because it's quiet that I love it, but it's the anticipation of a new day that I love. It is so full of question and adventure. What kind of mood will the kids be in? What will we do,? etc. I also like to take this time to pray for my family. Yesterday was no exception. As I was getting ready I was wondering about where God is leading our family right now, when I began to hear somebody stir. I figured it was Mary-Kate, as she is generally the first person up. Sure enough, I saw a pair of bright eyes peeking around the corner and looking at me. "Happy Birthday sweet girl!" I said to her. Immediately, she lit up and her sweet dimpled smile appeared. She ran to me with her wild hair flying around and jumped into my arms! Have I mentioned the incredible hugs this girl gives? "Happy birfday!" she said back to me.
Bryan had left a card and some roses on the table for her since he had to be at work, so I told her there was a surprise in the kitchen. We had also decorated with Mickey and Minnie Mouse stuff (her favorite characters). She was so excited when she saw everything. She definitely understood it was a special day just for her! (I hope she is as understanding when Kaden gets his special day on Thursday.) We woke Kade up and got dressed for the day. Most of the morning was spent running errands. Ya Ya took us out to lunch and then the birthday girl needed a nap!
That evening we gathered together as a family for a big dinner, cake, and presents! We let the birthday girl choose what she wanted, and she said "noonles" from Olive Garden. It was very yummy! The cake was strawberry with buttercream icing. Mmmmmm! We got it from Halfmann's which is our favorite cake place here! After dinner and cake, we let Mary-Kate open her presents. I was so proud of Kaden because he did a great job at being patient. I know it's hard to wait your turn, but he was excellent! It was a great day of celebration and hard to believe Mary-Kate is officially 2 now...Wow!!
Ready for the birthday princess!

The birthday cupcake chair!

I love Daddy's makeshift vase and card.

The birthday girl!

Eating breakfast.

Kaden loved the decorations too.

MK was so proud of the mail she got!

Thanks Steve and Debbie!

She was so excited!

We love and miss y'all!

Set for dinner.

Ready to eat her "noonles."

Kaden informed us he is going to be '4' on Thursday.

MK said, "I two."

Eating dinner.

The awesome cake.

Time for birthday cake! She was so excited when we sang.

Trying to blow out the candles.

Cutting the cake.

My sweet girl! I realized later that I look like a creeper with the knife!

Trying her cake.

She loved it.

Especially the icing.

Kade did too.

Time for presents!

She was a pro at opening them.

Kaden enjoyed helping her.

Sweet Daddy!

She loves her new couch!

"Ta Da!!"

Doctor kit!

Hugging Granddad.

Thank you Ya Ya!

Enjoying her vacuum cleaner from Ya Ya and Granddad. It really picks up. :)


3 comments:
you have such a beautiful family!!! Happy Birthday sweet Mary Kate!! Where had the time gone Janet?? =)
Happy Birthday MK!!! We love watching you grow into a more beautiful girl every day, full of love and life. Happy 2 day!!!! from Donna and Ellie
such sweet pictures! miss you all!
Post a Comment