Sunday, July 27

My Latest Craft Project

I love to come up with new crafts all the time. Working with fabric, paint, paper, glue guns, or ribbon is something that I enjoy. After discovering how expensive little girl's bows are, I decided that my new craft project needs to be hair bows! I can make tons of bows myself for the same price of one larger one. I will also be able to choose my own ribbon and coordinate with specific outfits. So after one long afternoon of studying an example online I made my first one!! It's a little lopsided and I definitely see it's imperfections, but I know with practice I will get better. Here is MK's first bow that Mommy made, and here she is modeling it this morning!






I also made a bow hanger to keep all of her bows safe in one place. Thank you Kaycee for the idea!! The bows were in her shoe bucket for lack of a better place to keep them, and I had trouble digging through there to find the one I needed in the moment. Now I can see what I need and get it when I need it!


6 comments:

Kaycee said...

OMG girl!!! You are going to put me out of business :) I LOVE both of those things. Very nice!!

She looks adorable too.I can't believe how big she looks already.

Christine said...

Fabulous job on the bow and bow holder. :D I guess I need to get on the bow making bandwagon now that Emily's got some hair. AND seriously??? Is MK standing like that with your help? She can't be that big already. :P

London said...

OH the bow obsession is taking over, lol! I just don't get it? Wonder why? lol Your blog looks great BTW, I stopped by that site and picked up a new background for mine, so thanks!

London said...

Oh yeah, I think I have that same skirt you're wearing in that pic. Target?

Ashley said...

Too cute! :) MK looks so big in these pics! What is in your milk?!?! LOL

Kaycee said...

Hey chica, what did you use to write MK's name? IT looks great, I need to try it :)