Monday, July 21

Sleepy Head

So Kade didn't get a nap today and he was really tired tonight. He was kind of whiny at dinner and after his bath he started throwing a fit because he wasn't getting something he wanted. I have really been praying for patience lately, and trying to keep a good attitude with him when he starts to drive me up the wall. I calmly told him that he needed to stop crying and whining because no one wanted to hear it. I also told him that he needed to go to his room until he was ready to stop crying. I took him to his room and sat him on his bed and said you can come out when you are ready to stop crying. Well, he was immediately silent as I walked out, so I expected him to come out of his room at any time. A few minutes later he still hadn't come out, so I asked Bryan to check on him. The silly boy was in bed with the covers pulled up. He was still awake but he was laying there quietly. About 5 minutes later I went to check on him and the sweet thing was asleep. It was so precious that he knew he was tired and he decided to go to bed all on his own. It was over an hour and a half before his bedtime even. We will definitely make sure he gets a good nap tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Aww how cute! Smart boy! :o)

Christine said...

I bet that was so cute. Can you send those nap vibes this way? They're almost nonexistent in this household.