Here is a pic of our new van. I took it at the gas station on our way home.
Monday, July 7
Random Road Trip
So, we had been looking into trading in our trailblazer for a new car. A minivan to be exact. There were so many things that were appealing about one. It totally cracks me up that I would even want one since I swore I would never drive one when I was younger. Now, I am very excited about it! After searching in San Angelo, surrounding areas, and online, we found a bunch in the Austin and San Antonio area that met our requirements. Friday night, the 4th, we made the decision to drive to Austin to check out some of our finds the next morning. We had been approved for a loan and had been carefully searching for the perfect van that would keep our payments the same as the trailblazer. It was a last minute decision and it was fun to be able to plan a road trip in a moment's notice! Anyways, I am kind of rambling so I will just get to the point. We got a minivan! We are very excited and already have enjoyed the benefits of owning one. Our gas mileage was incredible compared to that of the trailblazer, and we also enjoyed the extra amount of space. Our prayers were answered in very specific ways which is always exciting. God really led us to the right van. We ended up getting the van for just under what we were paying for the blazer, and they gave us a little more for our car than it was worth. We didn't have to pay any money out of pocket, which was a big blessing. So, the trailblazer is now in Austin and we have an '05 Chevy Venture parked in our garage. It was a whirlwind road trip but a ton of fun. We stayed in San Marcos with my Brother on Saturday night and returned to San Angelo Sunday night. It almost felt like another vacation!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I LOVE my mini van! I know it makes me a nerd, but all the extra space is great. When we were traveling home from vacation with my parents, I saw just how good the gas mileage really was. My dad's Mountaineer was on empty and my tank was still half full. Enjoy!
Yay! I am really happy for you! Can't wait for you to take me for a spin in your new ride!! :o)
Yippie!! That is so exciting :)!
Love MK's face..that is hilarious.
lol.. congrats.. maybe after #2 i'll get excitied for a mini van hugs.......
I'm glad you were able to find the right van for you. I really like it. It actually looks a lot like my Ford Freestar. It's the same year. :D
I traded in my SUV for a mini van a few years ago. I'm so happy that I did! You'll love it!
Post a Comment