Why are there some parents out there who don't watch their kids out in public or who don't care what they get in to? Today I was shopping at this little gift shop with my mom and I was holding MK in my arms. This 2 year old little girl came up to me and wanted to see her. I didn't mind showing her, but then she grabbed her legs and started pulling on her. I told her she needed to be gentle, but she kept doing it. The mom finally came over and said, "she just wants to see her socks." Well, I was still patient at this point because I have a 2 year old, and I know what it's like for them to be a little more aggressive. However, she didn't say anything when she started pulling again, I started to get a little frustrated. I told the little girl, We can't pull on her legs, that hurts the baby. The mom said she was just looking, and she would never hurt the baby. Well the girl was pulling so hard that I really had to hold MK strong and pry the little girl's fingers off. The mom still insisted she wasn't going to hurt her, as MK started to whimper a little bit. She was not liking the feeling of being pulled down and the girl was gripping her really hard. At this point I lifted MK into a position where the little girl couldn't reach. She then wandered off and came back to show us a stuffed animal she had found. When I told her thank you but the baby was too little to hold it, she threw it on the floor and started pulling other things off the shelf. At this point, one of the workers in the store was standing there too, and she told the little girl, "Why don't we pick the kitty up and put her back where we found her?" Of course, the little girl totally ignored her and moved on to the perfume bottles within reach. The worker then said, "Oh no sweetie. That is for mommies, not for little girls." I could hear clattering behind me as the worker took the perfume away from her. I turned to look for the mother, but she was on the other side of the store. Now this was a small place, but there were many breakable items around. I could not imagine leaving my 2 year old unattended in a place like this. Surely something would end up broken with his eager and excited hands, even if he didn't mean for it to. The worker then said, "Where's Mommy? Let's go find her!" I felt sorry for her. She was having to babysit this little girl, and that definitely wasn't in her job description! We moved on and continued our shopping. I was looking at something, so my mom took MK for a bit to give me a rest. Next thing I know, I hear my mom say, "Oh, you can't pull on the baby sweetheart. That hurts her!" I turn around, and sure enough, there is the same little girl pulling on MK's legs. The mother walks up at this point and says, "She just wants to look. She won't hurt her." I couldn't believe that she would act as if we should let her daughter pull on my little baby! My mom lifted her up out of reach again, and the lady finally left. I just don't understand how people let their kids do whatever they want. I am one of those parents that keeps my kid restrained somehow when we are in public. Kade is always in a stroller or cart, or I have a tight grip on his hand. One of my rules is that if he wants to get out of the cart to walk, he has to hold my hand. Depending on the type of store we are in, I sometimes let him walk all by himself but I am right on his heels! If he disturbs anything, he is back in the cart, stroller, or hand grip! Now, I might be a little over protective, but I am not only doing it for his safety. I also want to make sure he is well behaved and not bothering anyone else! I guess this is a foreign concept for a lot of people out there. Now that Kade is 2, I am lightening up a little bit, but I still won't sacrifice mine or anyone else's peace for his freedom! Oh well, what can you do...
I haven't posted pics in a few days, so here are some recent ones of the kiddos!
Mary-Kate's first time in the exersaucer!

This picture just makes me want to write the caption, ROCK ON!! Lol!

She looks huge to me here for some reason.

Watching big brother.

Cheese!

Hanging on Daddy!

Kade wanted to get in the picture too!

"I'm gonna getcha!!"

Trying to get everyone to look and smile at once!

"Momma, Cheese!"

Where did Kaden go??

There he is!!

MK's first hair bow without the headband! I still can't believe she has this much hair!

I swear this looks just like me as a little girl!
5 comments:
OMG! How frustrating! That is so crazy! I would have probably said something to the mom! LOL. Cute pics of the kiddos! :)
You are more patient than I would have been.
Great pics of the kids. Mary-Kate is getting so big!
MK is such a doll, I LOVE her dark hair!!
I can't stand parents who don't parent their kids! Drives me nuts, especially when it concerns my own kids!!!!
I had a baby today that probably wasn't much over 1 come over to where I was sitting at the library and he was trying to get my sunscreen out of my bag. I didn't see the Mom anywhere. I lost Emily one time at Kohls so now I keep an even closer eye on her. I'm sorry you had to deal with that annoyance today of a kid pulling on MK. How frustrating.
I love the pictures. So adorable. MK is getting more beautiful by the day. And Kaden.... handsome, handsome, handsome. We'll have to get him and Emily together one of these days *wink wink*.
Oh how I want to hold MK!! hehe :) She is so darn cute!!
I can't stand parents like that either girl. It baffles me!
Post a Comment