Monday, October 27

Attempt #2

Life with kids is fun. Granted, kids can be frustrating at times, but overall they bring such a feeling of indescribable joy. I love all of the (what I call) blooper moments in life. The moments that take you by surprise and don't go according to "your" plans at all! The moments that seem overwhelming, but looking back they are oh so sweet, or just a fun part of life. For example, after I nursed MK this morning and put her back to bed, I looked at the clock and realized I would be able to lay down and get some more sleep before Kade woke up. I was excited because I hadn't slept well and I was feeling sick again. Well, that didn't last long. MK was in one of those moods where she didn't want to sleep in her bed (very rare). She kept fussing and pulling on the bumper and scratching the sheet. Finally, I went and picked her up and she was asleep immediately. The little toot just wanted to snuggle! Lol! Anyways, I just held her and stroked her cheek and enjoyed the warmth she brought on this cold morning. Although I didn't get any more sleep, I really enjoyed that time with my daughter. I also would have missed the moment when she started giggling out loud in her sleep over and over. It was so cute, and her smile was so big. It's moments like that that I am thankful I get to experience.

Or, like yesterday, Kade had done something that had really frustrated me. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I'm sure it involved not listening. Anyways, Bryan took him to run an errand, but before he could leave he had to run and give me a hug and a kiss and he said, "I wuv you." Totally melted me!

So all that to say that I am learning to lighten up and go with the flow more. Kids MAKE you do that. I had attempt #2 this weekend to get some cute Halloween/pumpkin pics of the kids. Let's just say, it didn't happen!! I was starting to get frustrated that Kade was not cooperating, even with the bribe of candy corn, when I realized how stinkin' funny it all was. I ended up shooting away even though it was a disaster, and I got some priceless and funny photos. BTW, I want to clarify that I don't love MK more, she was just the only one cooperating so I took a bunch of her since she looked so cute!

MK is ready for her photo shoot! Lol!

Closest thing to a smile for Kade. MK is getting reacquainted with her boyfriend!


He obviously wasn't feeling very "lovey" with his sister!


MK's still cooperating, Kade is...well, not! Ha!

MK wondering what Kade is so upset about.


Where did Kade go?


MK and her precious smile.


Making out with her boyfriend again!

Still love that dimple!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Lol! I totally know how that goes! That last pic of MK is SO GOOD! LOVE IT! :)

Lara said...

Ahh You are a woman of truth! I have those days of feeling so frustrated and then one of the girls does something to just make me laugh so hard that it outweighs the frustration. The kids look adorable and I love how it looks like MK was trying to comfort Kade in one of the pictures of him crying.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love the pictures of the kids - MK is just loving the camera - Kade - not so much. The kissing the pumpkin is just too funny. Did you explain that she's got her fairy tales mixed up? :)

Christine said...

Too funny.
If you don't laugh during those frustrating moments, you'll go crazy. I loved the pics.

Ally said...

That is so true! Adorable kiddos, how old are they?

Anonymous said...

haha these are hilarious!! I can see how it'd get a little frustrating at first though. Mary kate looks adorable..kade too but in a more whiney sort of way =)

Donna/Ellie said...

Her smile makes me GRIN ear to ear, and Kade's meltdown pic brought a different smile -- the one of a Mommy who's oh-so-been-there! Cuties as always!