Friday, October 17

Mommy's Little Helper

I had to make cupcakes for College Bible study on Wednesday night and decided to let Kade help me. We both had a great time, and I was surprised at how sweet and helpful he was. He actually listened to what I told him to do (or not to do) and I could tell he was really excited to be a part of the experience. It was right before his nap too, so I was glad he was being so good. It was such a pleasant experience that it made me feel bad that I haven't included him before. I have thought about how I usually exclude Kade from things that he could probably do, just because it is easier for me. I decided I would like to start including him more. He really does desire to help me all the time, and he has such a curious nature that he loves to learn. I guess it still surprises me that he is getting so big and learning and doing so much. Sometimes, I still like to picture him as my little baby.

Getting started! (Ignore all the junk on my counter!)


Pulling apart the cupcake liners.


He normally doesn't want his picture taken...Mr. Cheese today!


Lining the tray.


Beating the egg...he thought this was really cool!


Licking the spoon.


I think this was his favorite part!


Signing "All Done"...time for nap!


Finishing touches after nap!


He liked putting the pumpkin toothpicks in there!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww that is so cute! My girls love to help in the kitchen too. This kitchen on the other hand is so crowded I get frustrated. One of the things I am looking forward to in the new house - cooking with the girls. They can be such great helps at this age. It looks like he was really enjoying himself. Watch out Emeril!

Anonymous said...

PS - this is actually a great way to get them to eat!

Anonymous said...

PS - this is actually a great way to get them to eat!

Kaycee said...

OMG how fun!! He looks like he had a blast lol! Him licking the spoon totally made me want chocolate! YUM!

Kaycee said...

Um YES all that stuff was true :) You are seriously the sweetest person. I'm very blessedto have a friend like you!!

btw..I have to get your email again. I can't get into my old email acct..eek!

Anonymous said...

jan your kids are SO adorable, and this looks like such a fun day! i can't wait to do stuff like this with my kids someday!