Poor Kaden is sick. He has been running a fever since Monday night, sometimes as high as 103.6. It turns out he has a sore throat and they have sent a culture off to see if it is strep. The poor thing is miserable and lethargic (although he has his moments of sheer energy too...like at the Dr.'s office!!!!) He spent all night waking up and crying and it just so hard when there is nothing you can do for them. I hope he gets better real fast and no one else gets sick, especially Mary-Kate!
I am concerned for MK because Kade has been real big on trying to kiss her on the mouth and we have had to really keep him from doing that. It is so sweet though. I think I mention every week how much I love watching their relationship develop. (As I type this, Kade is trying to sit as close as he can to MK while making her giggle.) Yesterday I had put MK down for a nap, so I turned on a movie for Kade to watch so I could jump in the shower really quickly. Right at the very end of my shower I thought I heard her scream through the monitor so I started moving at mega-speed and by the time I got out and was drying off I could hear all this laughter through the monitor. It was so cute. Kade was in there talking to her and telling her all about something, and she was just a laughing at him!! I have rarely heard her laugh so hard. By the time I got in there, Kade had put every pillow and stuffed animal in her room in the bed with her and MK had the biggest smile on her face. Kade then told me, "Manny-Kate cryin. I play." What a good big brother! I love my kiddos so much.
3 comments:
I hate to hear Kade is so sick. That makes for a long week. I hope and pray his fever stays away and he feels better soon.
I am so sorry y'all are all feeling yucky! Kade is such a sweet Big Brother!! :)
I'm sorry Kade is so sick! I hope no one else gets hit with the sickie bug!
It almost made me cry reading about Kade and MK and thinking back to when Jacelyn was tiny and Carlie would be the only one that could soothe her sometimes. It still happens every now and again and it just makes me melt inside! You'll have to remind them of this special bond when they're about 3 and 5 when they really start fighting with eachother! haha
Post a Comment