Saturday, October 25

Ministry

Bryan and I have been so blessed to be apart of our new church. We have met so many wonderful people there. We have also enjoyed getting involved and ministering to and with others again. We are firm believers in being active in your church and serving alongside one another. Bryan and I had both missed doing ministry (Bryan was the student minister at our old church), but we knew that God wanted something different for us. Now, we are active in our young married Sunday school class, we help with the college ministry by leading Bible study, hosting fellowships, and mentoring some students, and just recently we have taken on the task of leading a 3rd grade group of kids on Wednesday nights. Ministry is always challenging, but very rewarding. I always love how God teaches me so much through other people.

This week has been full of fun activities. Thursday night I had a ladies' night with my Sunday school class. We get together once a month to eat, visit, do different activities, etc. The hostess gets to choose what we do. I decided that we would have a big dinner and then we would do a devotional and craft. We made homemade journals. I had a good time, and hope others did too. Last night we helped out with a fall festival at a local elementary school that our church has adopted. It was great to see all the kids in their fun costumes and to see how excited they all were. I know our help was valuable to the faculty and staff there.

I have made a short little slide show of these two events. I didn't include any pics of the other kids from the fall festival because I never know if I should post pictures of other people without their permission...especially kids.


Click to play Having Fun
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

Christine said...

How fun! I'm glad you're enjoying your new church. We just joined a church on Wednesday and are looking forward to seeing where God wants us to serve. Looks like your ladies night and festival were fun. MK is a doll of course!

Alyson Sandlin said...

I had a great time Thursday night. Thanks for including me.

Deborah said...

Looks like another fun day for y'all. Wait, did I see jackets? I'm so jealous! We just got back from our Fall Festival and it was so hot, dusty and miserable. I miss seasons~

Kris T said...

I'm so glad to serve with you and Bryan. You contribute a meaningful and significant service at our church. Thank you! And Thursday night was wonderful.