We have had a very busy and fun weekend. It was homecoming week at Angelo State University, where Bryan and I both graduated from. I was a cheerleader my first two years of college here and this was always one of my favorite times of year. There was always something going on, and my favorite things were the pep rally, bonfire, and parade! I love that my children now get to experience these very same things. It is so fun to see the excitement in their...well, in Kade's eyes! MK isn't too impressed yet! Haha! We went to the pep rally and bonfire Friday night and Kade was in love!! He is still asking to go the bonfire at night. Poor guy, he has to wait a whole year to see it again. Saturday morning we went to the parade downtown. MK was not liking all of the loud horns honking, but Kade was way into it. It was all very exciting! We were not able to go to the game Saturday night, but I was excited to find out that one of the college girls that I have the privilege of spending time with and mentoring was crowned homecoming queen. Laura was nominated through the BSM, and I am thrilled that she could experience something so special! She is such a wonderful person! I made a slideshow of our homecoming experience this weekend!
Here are a couple of pictures from my cheerleading days. This was before the digital age, so I had to take a picture of a picture! Here I am doing a partner stunt with a teammate.

With some teammates at a game. I am the 2nd from the left. The girl on the right went on to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader...cool, huh?

The reason we were not able to go to the game Saturday night, was because we had a Sunday School social! We were excited because it was a costume party! We haven't had the opportunity to dress up for anything in a long time. We thought about dressing up as McCain and Palin, but glad we decided against that, because another couple showed up as them! It was such a great night. We had really yummy food, and there was even a magician there.
I was excited I found some creative recipes and I got to make some fun cupcakes.
Jack-0-lanterns!

Spider cupcakes!

Yummy!

Can you guess who we are? ;o)
4 comments:
Janet, I just love your life! It looks so fun. Love the Angelo State stuff but I don't even remember a parade. I was thinking of being Sarah too but most of the costumes I saw were anti-Sarah not flattering.
BTW--do you remember the first couple to get their kids back here in San Antonio? There were no extra wives so it came faster. Anyway, I saw her about a month ago at my HEB. I'm sure it was her because she had the same red Gibson Girl hair and was wearing the same dress! I guess some of there stayed here.
Thanks Deborah! I do like to have a lot of fun! I can't remember, did you go to ASU or did you leave after high school? No, I have no idea who was the first couple to get their kids back. They are very easy to recognize in public though. Some are friendly, and some aren't so much!
It looks like ya'll had so much fun! I love the cupcakes! You are so creative! Ya'll look adorable in your costumes.
I could totally see Kade playing football in high school. He just looks like he'd be a great football player!
that looks like so much fun...i'm hoping we have a chance to dress up this year! i think we're going to a dracula play on halloween..it should be fun. and you made such a hot cheerleader! =) - that's cool that you got to go to the bonfire...i love the "atmosphere" of bonfires for some reason
Post a Comment